nine

Soon enough, Yoongi's break arrived. Namjoon had begun the auditions. SeokJin had retreated to one of his many restaurants in the heart of Seoul because he had received a call about something breaking down. Jungkook was taking over Jimin's shift for the day, practicing the cover of fake love for the upcoming concert in Taipei that one of their groups was invited to. And Taehyung was at school, busy with his college courses. He'd probably show up later to see Jungkook anyways, so Yoongi wasn't worried.

"Hey Joon, I'm heading to Jimins'." Yoongi pokes his head into the room where the auditions are being held, but before he can leave, the girl who had finished auditioning can't help but listen in. "Yeah, alright. If anything happens call, okay?" Namjoon smiles kindly, waving as the girl walks past Yoongi and out the door. "Mhm," the older male hums, being sure to close the door behind him.

"Excuse me," someone speaks up, making eye contact with Yoongi. "I'm a big fan, do you think I can have an autograph?" The girl from before asks, a kind smile present on her pink tinted lips. "Sure." Yoongi responds, taking a pen from the girl to sign the notepad she had taken out from her bag. "Ya know, I'm really excited for the new BigHit idol debuting soon—Jimin, I heard you talking about him in there. Is he alright?" She asks, almost inaudibly.

"I'd rather not say, but please don't worry. Between us, Jimin is fine." Yoongi reassures, handing the notepad back to the girl. "So why are you heading to Jimin's home?" She asks again, her eyebrows raising in suspicion. "How did you—?" Yoongi begins, but soon realizes just how much she heard of his and Namjoon's conversation. "Jimin is just sick, so there's no need to worry." He responds, beginning to walk away from the girl. "One more thing, are you and Jimin—dating?"

"No."

===

The blonde haired male pulls his hood over his face, blocking himself from the drizzling. The forecast said no rain, but of course the second he stepped out of his car a weather report lit up his phone. Luckily it was a short walk from the parking lot to the apartment complex, and from there just a few flights up until he reached Jimin's place.

But that's what elevators were for.

Yoongi enters the porcelain white building, and heads down the hall to where he believes the elevators are. And he was thankfully right. He presses the button that directs him upwards, and closer to the higher apartments in one of the many buildings in the complex. He takes out his phone after pressing the button with the correct number on it, quickly browsing through his messages to make sure that Jimin hadn't texted him just out of sheer..

Friendship.

That was the sad thing, all they were, were friends.

Soon enough Yoongi is able to exit the elevator, leaving behind whatever that feeling was. The hall leading up to Jimin and Hoseok's apartment has a minimalistic feel, with only a few paintings lining the painted white walls. "It's been forever since I've been here," he mumbles to himself, tracing his fingers against the sandpaper texture of the paint.

There, after a few doors had already passed, was the one he set out to find from the beginning. He quickly took out his phone once again, and texted Namjoon the following:

I'm at Jimin's

And Namjoon replies:

Thanks for doing this btw

Yoongi: it's no problem

Yoongi puts his phone away after sending his message, looking now at the door in front of him. He couldn't hear anything, which was a good sign, right? No yelling or crying.. or sounds that'd be worrying in general. Which allowed Yoongi to sigh out in relief.