twenty

The flight is quiet and eerie. No one says a word, only expressions of anger are passed between some of the friends that had better relationships with each other compared to others. "Please buckle your seatbelts, we will be landing soon." A flight attendant says over the planes speaker. Yoongi's eyes flutter open with the sudden sound, finding himself sore from sleeping in the same position for the entire flight; but he didn't want to disturb Jimin. He notices that Jimin's hand is resting on his own. The paleness against his own skin is worrisome, but he tries to convince himself that he's always been that pale. Yoongi holds onto Jimin's hand gingerly, his eyes finding similar faces on the flight. Namjoon is taking out his headphones, while Seokjin is traveling the pages of a novel he picked up before they left. Jeongguk barely keeps his eyes off of Hoseok's, Taehyung tries to tell him to stop but from what Yoongi can hear and see, he won't. As the wheels of the plane ease onto the runway, people begin packing up their carry-ons, relieved to finally be getting off. The sky above the runway is barely awake as only a handful of people are getting ready for work. Despite sleeping on the plane Yoongi yawns, carrying both his and Jimin's bags. Namjoon walks towards them, making sure that Hoseok is far enough away so that he doesn't hear. "Tomorrow, Jin and I are going to talk to Hoseok. We won't let him anywhere near Jimin or you, okay?" Yoongi nods, offering his friend a small smile as thanks. Jimin quickly hugs Namjoon, his arms wrapped tightly around his broader figure. "Jimin do you want to stay with me tonight?" Yoongi asks, to which Jimin says, "please."

As 6 a.m. arrives, and the sun finally peaks above the skyline; the car carrying Yoongi and Jimin finally huls to a stop. The two passengers say their thank yous, closing the doors as they do. "Jimin, need me to take your bags?" Yoongi asks, as he adjusts the cap on his head, watching the sun light up the roof of his house, his eyes trail back to Jimin's as his hair glows from the gleam. "No, It's okay." He responds, pulling his carry-on higher up on his shoulder. Yoongi chuckles, moving to Jimin's side to take his heavier suitcase. "Yoongi, I said I got it." Jimin responds, hands wrapped tightly around the strap of his bag. The gleam from the sun shifts as they move into the shade, highlighting the black eye for a mere second. It sends shivers down Yoongi's spine. He sighs; "I'm so sorry Jimin." The sound of a lock unlocking fills the newly found silence between the two. "You went through so much and no one knew." Tears form in the corners of Yoongi's eyes, his hand suspended on the doorknob to the entrance. "From here on out I'm going to be there for you, okay?" He says, trying to stop the tears from going any further than the corners of his eyes. Silence fills the gap in between them once again. Jimin steps forward, and suddenly, he wraps his arms tightly around Yoongi's waist. "Thank you." He says in a quiet tone.

The next few hours are quiet, Yoongi sips on some caffeinated drink while Jimin rests on the couch. He needed it, after the sleep he lost in the time he spent with Hoseok. The curtains are all closed, blocking out any sunlight from the midday sky, ample for getting shut eye. Yoongi opens a text message from Namjoon, carefully reading over the update from his friend.

NJ: Jin and I decided to talk to Hoseok today about rehab, and he agreed. He'll be leaving tomorrow.

YG: He won't be able to get to Jimin, right?

NJ: Jimin will be safe, I promise. Are you going to tell him?

YG: He's sleeping right now, I'll tell him later when he's hopefully feeling up to it.

NJ: Good idea

YG: One more thing, Joon

NJ: what's up?

YG: Thank you for helping.

NJ: Anything for the people I cherish

Yoongi places his phone down on his granite kitchen counters, glancing towards the couch where Jimin is. He felt so conflicted. He tried to bury what happened to him deep down, so deep that he simply forced himself to forget. He loved Jimin, and he wanted to protect him. Hoseok would be leaving soon, but how could he tell Jimin? Would that be protecting him, or hurting him further? Yoongi turns around, hip pressed against the counter top as he inhales deeply. Images of Jimin's bruising fills every corner of his mind, haunting him. He never got help. He never spoke to anyone, because no one spoke to him. He kept this secret down, would Jimin want to do the same? Yoongi opens his eyes, any escape from the haunting. Jimin shifts slightly in his sleepc mumbling something quietly. Yoongi runs his hands through his dyed hair, resting them on the back of his neck. This was Jimin's decision to make, he has to tell him about Hoseok, he just has to.