Chapter 18

Louis's POV

Twenty minutes earlier

I felt Liam kicking in the bed beside me, letting out groans. I sat up slowly and looked at the time. It was around 3:35 AM from what I could make out on the clock. Liam's kicks got more violent, and the moans sounded more painful and almost hurt.

I shook him gently.

"Li?" I asked quietly. I didnt get a response right away but his body cringed up tightly and he let out a sharp scream waking everyone else up.

"Liam!" I started to shake him gently but then became more forceful as the screams increased. Harry came over and sat down beside me, helping in the shaking of Liam.

"Liam!" We screamed in unison. With a gasp, he woke up. He sat up fast before looking at me. He looked scared. Completely and truthfully scared. I frowned a bit before wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into a tight hug. The tears just came. They weren't forceful or anything. They came streamed down his face onto my chest. I knew what it was as well.

"It's okay, Liam. It was only a dream." I whispered softly into his ear. "We'll find her. I promise."

Although I wasnt even entirely sure that we would find her, I had hope. I took a deep breath before placing a kiss on his forehead like I used to do when he'd come to me like this. Although his mother has sobered up and is trying to stop doing what she used to do, it's still bad. Before I pushed him away last year he ended up in the hospital again because of her. I felt bad for leaving both him and Eleanor like I did. I just was so scared of what was going to happen. I had slapped my girl friend and let my friend beat her up because I was drunk. I didnt know if she would hate me, which I'm sure she does, or want to give me a second chance, which obviously she didn't.

I kept holding Liam until he calmed down enough to talk.

"You okay, Liam?" Ariana asked. He nodded slightly before wiping his nose on his sleeve.

"Bad dream."

"I'm sorry," She frowned.

"Can we.. Go.. Look for her now? Please? I just.. I need to find her." He murmered out. We all looked at each other before nodding slowly. I got up off of the bed and got dressed. I slid in a bunch of heatpacks into every piece of clothing, even my shoes. I put a hat on and followed Harry out of the door.

We looked down the long, narrow hallway. It was empty and the person that was supposed to be watching wasn't there. We had an easy way out. We walked out of the room, following Niall down to the lobby. It was still weirdly empty. Ariana now took over as leader as we walked out. She led us back up to the woods, down a narrow pathway and up towards a long, narrow road that was slippery to walk on. We walked up to an old house. It was falling apart. The roof had holes in it, the windows were dusted and shady and it just looked like one of those classic horror film type houses. We walked slowly up to one of the windows and looked in through them. The inside wasnt any better in all honestly. Papers, shoes, clothing, and even molded food were sprawled everywhere. I took a deep breath in as I went to a different window and peeped in. I could make out a large, male figure. He looked asleep so I thought it best to not wake him up. I walked over to another window and peeped in. This time, I saw who I was looking for. Eleanor. My heart started to speed up as my throat hitched. I could see her chest rising and falling which was a sigh of relief. The other three bodies that were in the room weren't moving, weren't doing anything. I placed my hands on the window and started to push up on it. To my surpise, it opened easily. I opned it just enough to get my body through and climbed inside.

"Are you crazy?!" Liam's voice asked through the window. I ignored it and kept walking, trying to avoid hitting anything. I found my way to Eleanor's body and squat down next to her.

"El?" I whispered. I placed a hand on her shoulder. I let out a gasp as my hand only touch cold. Pure coldness. I shook her gently and kept whispering her name over and over.

"Mmm.." She finally let out. Her eyes fluttered opened open slowly and she turned to look at me. "Louis?"

Her voice was weak, fragile even. I stroked her forehead gently then nodded.

"It's me. I'm here." I whispered softly. She moaned quietly.

"I'm cold."

"I know. Here.. Take this." I pulled out some of my heating packs and slid them under her torn shirt. She shuddered a bit at the touch before grabbing onto my arms quickly.

"Thank you." She said before closing her eyes and going back to sleep. I heard a crashing sound coming from the living room then quickly looked over at the window to find a scared Liam giving the get out now sign. My eyes widened a bit as I saw the dark figure suddenly come into the door frame.

"Who the hell are you?!" He growled at me before walking over and grabbing my arm. I let out a sharp yelp before being lift off of the ground easily.

What the hell did I just get myself into with out even trying to?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter's a bit short, I didnt have much to write! Chapter 19 will be longer. :) xx enjoy!

-

Meggless21