Chapter 22

"Eleanor?" I asked. "Eleanor?" I asked when I saw her stomach move up and down in a slow rhythmic pattern.

She didn't move

She didn't wake up

The doctors said she's in a coma.

There's a chance she may or may not wake up.

It's been a total of two days since we've been here, since the heart monitor went flat.

It's been a total of two days without sleep

The growling of my stomach reminded me it's also been a total of two days without food.

Oh, and without communication to the outside world.

I haven't left her side, and I didn't plan on it until she woke up. She was going to wake up, she had to.

It's exactly two days before Christmas Eve, also known as, my birthday. The greatest gift ever would be her waking up from the slumber that keeps her tallied in. Hearing her soft voice speak to me, feeling her in my arms once more.

We would sit by the fire place, roasting marshmellows and pretending to have a small campfire. We'd sit up a small fort in the living room right in front of the fireplace, music playing low in the back ground. We've done this before. Last year on New Years we set up a small campsite in the middle of her living room. Ryan and Lottie joining us in the mess. We stayed up all night talking dreams of merriment. I remember hers clearly.

"Tell us your dream, El!" Lottie smiled as she put a marshmallow onto the metal pole we were using as our sticks. Eleanor smiled as she shook her head, probably half embarrassed. I smiled, my arm wrapping around her and nudging her.

"Tell us, Ellie!" I smiled as my lips connected with her cheek. She giggled, rolling her eyes and shaking her head.

"Fine!" She grumbled. "Alright, so my ultimate dream is, this is going to sound so cliche," She whined. I laughed along with Ryan.

"You're cliche." Ryan smirked. Eleanor smacked him upside the head, erupting into laughter and leaning back into me.

"Okay, okay," She said. "I wanna grow old." She nodded. "I wanna grow old, live on the beach and I want to watch my grand kids run around on the beach. I want to be married, and I want to be with my best friend. I want to have a dog, a cat and three kids." She smiled slightly. "I just want to grow old, and grow happy."

I promised her that night that her dream will come true. Whether it's with me, or someone else. She assured it was going to be with me, but at the time, I wasn't so sure. Now, I want to make sure. I wanted to be that person she married and I wanted to be the person she spent the rest of her life with.

Hearing the heart monitor speed up, I snapped out of my day-dream. I looked up at to find a nurse staring at me.

"'Ello, Mr. Tomlinson," She smiled. "How're you feeling?"

I blinked slowly, shrugging a shoulder up and grinning. "Been better." My eyes drifted over to Eleanor's body. I stared at her chest, relaxing when I saw it rise and when it dropped. I cringed.

"Is she going to wake up anytime soon, Miss?"

The nurse nodded, pursing her lips into a straight line as she looked back at me.

"We're going to give her some medication."

My eyebrows creased together as I stared up at the nurses expression. She must've noticed my look, because it didn't take her long to explain what she meant. She giggled softly as she walked over to where I was seated, quickly taking a seat in the uncomfortable things they call chairs in this place. I looked at her. My face felt dull, and I could literally feel the tiredness seeking through my eyes.