Chapter 3

TYLER

I woke up due to the pounding in my head. I feel like my head is being hammered into pieces. I groaned and tried to move my body.

"Sir, you shouldn't move first." A female's voice sounded in my ear.

Then I remembered what had happened. Did Stella caught up with me?!

I darted my eyes open and adjusted for a bit because of the blinding white lights coming from all directions. When I think I can handle it, I roamed my gaze across the room.

There on my side is a woman who seems to be in her early 20's.

"Who are you?" I asked first.

"Sir, I'm Sheanne Walter and I'll be your nurse for now." She answered while smiling. Then she checked my pulse on my neck which caused me to back up a bit.

"What happened?"

"Last night, your car bumped into one of the cars outside. You seemed to lose that much blood from your wound to make you be drowsy. You had the luck sir, because your head didn't accumulate an internal damage, just scratches from the outside. And your wound is now treated, you can recover in no time." She smiled at me before going to the door. She faced me as she held the doorknob. "And sir, if you need something, just press that button at your side and I'll be running over."

Oh yeah. I passed out in front of a hospital.

I sighed and looked at my body. No bad injuries except for scratched hands, and I'm sure my head is also partially wounded. It hurts, a bit.

I let time pass by staring into nothingness. I have no one to visit me but, I can manage it.

At lunchtime, that nurse came again and handed me my food. Then she checked me again to see if I'm doing fine. She was smiling sweetly as she did her job.

I eyed her. A fresh face that clearly shows no problems. Her face is still so youthful, and I suppose this is one of the people who luckily got on the good side of life.

"Enjoy sir." She said before going out again.

When's she coming back?

I waited for like eternity when a nurse and a doctor came by. Wait, where's that nurse?

I glanced at the two and I'm sure as hell that this one's not my nurse.

"Where's the other nurse?" I asked them as they step forward to me.

"Oh, Sheanne? Her shift's done now, and I'll be your nurse for tonight. I'm Alice by the way." The woman who looks a little bit older than me said. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow, then.

"So, son, are you doing fine?" I flinched when the old man approached me. He seemed to notice so he stepped back a bit. "Don't worry son, I won't hurt you. Just wanna check."

I didn't flinch because of that.

It was my first time to be called son after so many years again, and it pissed me off.

"Go away." I told them.

"Is something hurting?" The nurse eyed me with concern written in her face.

"Nothing. Just, go away."

"Alright. But, Alice here will check you every hour if you're doing fine. Have a rest, son." The old doctor said before they went out.

'Have a rest.'

I don't want to. I'm supposed to be the guy who brings everyone to rest, I shouldn't rest. Never.