Chapter 28

Two more chapters after this and we're saying goodbye to this book 💜

This chapter almost reached two thousand words 😆 Enjoy~

~~

SHEANNE

Truly every action has a reason behind it. One can do good because of some reasons, and one's bad actions can also be justified by a reason.

I realized that now, while I was staring at Tyler who was trying his best not to cry after telling me his story. Life had been too harsh on him and the people he loved. His father, what kind of father would do that to his family? He literally ruined them.

"If.." I started, making him look at me. "If you could go back to the old Tyler, would you still choose to kill all those girls?"

He was clearly flustered, then he thought for a moment. He looked at me, determination plastered on his face, and said, "Of course. I would still save those girls from being a victim of life's unfairness."

"But life has never been fair, Tyler! Everyone experiences problems, but everyone also has the capability to overcome them! Death isn't the primary solution--"

"Death is the only solution for people like them, for people like US." He cut me off, giving emphasis to the word 'us'. He then went out of the room and even slammed the door behind him.

I felt my knees weaken so I approached the bed and sat on it. I rested my elbows to my knees and brought my hands to my face.

But no matter the reason, a bad deed is always a bad deed. No one can change that.

Tyler thinks that he's doing something good just because his purpose is good, but it would never be like that. He still is a bad person, a criminal, a killer.

I felt something ache inside of me when his words flashed in my mind.

'For people like US'

The vulnerable, the pained, the people who suffered too much cruelty. He thinks death could give us an escape from this harsh reality.

I felt a tear escape from my eye so I quickly cleaned it and stood up. I had to do something about Tyler. He's pitiful enough.

I went down only to find Tyler and Daniel in the same room. They weren't talking to each other but I can feel the intensity of their stares, like they were killing each other with their glares.

Daniel was fixing something in a black body bag. Why do I already feel acquainted with that black body bag? But still, I can't get used to it; the anxiety from thinking, who was killed again?

He looked at me and I saw despise from how his eyes landed on mine. Hate bore from his eyes to my body. I immediately broke our eye contact then went to sit beside Tyler who was holding a book. I feel like he doesn't even pay attention to it because his eyes are focusing on someone.

I sighed and whispered, "Who's in that bag again?"

Tyler looked at me for a second and returned his gaze to his so-called brother.

"Father."

I didn't know what to say, knowing that Tyler was the one who killed their own father. So that's why Daniel's atmosphere was not good.

Was he blaming me?

I mean, if I hadn't showed in their house, and if Tyler didn't arrive there to find me, maybe their father would still be breathing right now, right?