Chapter 29

I apologize in advance if this chapter will disappoint you. 😣
We're finally down to two chapters! 🙌🤟

~~

SHEANNE

I felt numb.

I wanted to cry but all I managed to do was to look at Tyler and ask with the tiniest voice, "Why?"

He refused to look at his brother. He looked at me with concern in his eyes, I wanted to pull them out so he could never look at me like that again. I hate it. I shifted my gaze and looked at his brother.

"He hurt you." He said and helped me stand up. When my legs wobbled, he carried me.

Even when Tyler was carrying me in his arms to enter the house, I never broke my gaze from his brother.

He looked so pitiful. His face was all bloody and ruined, one might not even recognize him. I can also see how dented his head had become, showing that even his skull was affected. Anyone can see how painful it must have been before he died.

Even if I didn't want to, I subconsciously buried my face in this man's chest and started whimpering. But no tear escaped from my eyes. It's like they were all dried up. I had to let all these frustrations out but I can't.

"I can't let anyone hurt you," he said silently.

I didn't even look at Tyler when he laid me down on his mother's bed. With a face void of expressions, I stared at the window. I wanted him to leave as soon as possible and stop tormenting me.

I heard Tyler heave a sigh behind me and went outside, shutting the door behind him. That's right, I want him to be gone for good. I wanted him out of my life, permanently.

Because if he continues to look out for me, care for me, live with me, I don't think I can stop these bloody emotions I'm feeling for him.

I wanted to bury this feeling deep down, but even with the tiniest bit, I felt joy. I hate myself for admitting this but the thought that someone was there to care for me made something flutter inside of me.

But guilt was still filling my whole being because for the second time, Tyler had to kill his family because of me. I feel guilty and confused because there's a hint of satisfaction inside me, the thought that Daniel, the boy who killed Ariela is now dead makes me want to thank Tyler. I'm no different from Tyler now. I'm worse than a killer.

Am I happy? Am I guilty? Do I want this?

I don't know anymore. I want to question my sanity.

I stood up to look out the window and saw Tyler kneeling down in front of his brother, he had his head bowed down and his shoulders were moving up and down.

Is he crying?

Maybe realization hit him. Maybe he's still a human being afterall.

But my legs weakened when he raised his head. He wasn't crying, he was laughing.

Fear invaded my body. I felt goosebumps rise from my skin. My mouth opened and stared at him in shock.

Of course. How could he mourn for someone?

Why did I ever believe that he would cry over someone's death? Why did I hope that there's still some sanity left on this guy? Why did I even talk to him, understand him, and on top of all, worry over him?

My breath hitched and I found myself running away from the window. I ran straight to the bathroom and locked myself.

I grasped my hair and let my weak knees give way. I fell down the floor and cried, this time, tears streamed freely on my cheeks.