Chapter 21

SHEANNE

"Goodnight ladies." Tyler told us before closing the door, and surely locking it.

He brought us food and from what he said, it's night time already.

The light emitted from the gap in the wall was long gone, and thankfully we were able to memorize the escape route, because that's our only hope.

"We better eat up. We need all the energy we can gather." I told Ariela before devouring my meal.

"Yeah." She said and a long uncomfortable silence followed. Mostly because we were busy eating our meal to even care about saying anything, but also because of the tensed environment. We are about to bring our escape plan into action, which will either lead us to freedom, or something worse. I silently wish it's not the latter.

-

Now, that whole escaple plan is,

a) There's a small door under the bed, small enough not to be noticed easily, and big enough for a human to pass unto. Basing from the yellow paper, it leads to the ceiling of the first floor. I was actually surprised to know that this escape route was made long since the house was built. It actually confuses me.

b) From the ceiling, we'll gonna crawl, yes, crawl our way to another secret small door, leading to a room in the same floor. In that room, there's a window just above the bed, wide enough for us to pass through. And yeah, that's the end of it.

I don't know how we'll manage to escape after we passed through the window, but it's definitely worth the shot. I just hope we wouldn't need to jump from the window to the ground, 'cause I have a terrible phobia of high places. But, it seems that there's no other choice.

"You ready?" Ariela whispered to me as she touch my hand.

"Hope so." I replied back.

We docked under the bed and crawled our way to the far side, I roamed my hands to find something, and when I felt something under my hands, I quickly pulled it and voila! The small door opened. I heard Ariela gasp beside me.

Ariela sneaked into the small door, followed by me. While we were in the ceiling, I caught sight of Ariela doing her best to dock. Afterall, she's tall, and it's definitely killing her to be in a limited space. We crawled our way forward, or at least I thought so.

In the worst of luck, we found ourselves roaming around the whole ceiling, trying to find the other door. I think we're being played at because when we found a small door, it was actually the first one from our room. Definitely not our luck.

As Ariela and I crawled all over the place, I can't help but lose my hope. What if there wasn't any second door after all? What if this was just a trap?

Before I ran out of hope, Ariela suddenly let out a slight squeal.

"What?" I asked her.

"I think I found it." She told me as she pull open a door. Wow, I think we're finally making it.

Ariela made her way up. Once she was in, she pulled me.

"What if this was his room?" Ariela asked me.

Why didn't we think of that in the first place?

"Let's just pray it's not." I told her not even sure of myself. We silently crawled our way out under the bed, bearing in mind the possibility of Tyler being in this room.

I barely caught my breath when I was finally out in a wide space, holding unto the side of the bed to pull me up.

I was mesmerized by the moonlight emitted from the window just above the bed. Who could have thought that I could see this kind of light again.

That's when my mind played with some scenarios. Ariela and I running under the light of the moon, with one thing just in our thoughts.

We finally had freedom.

But the scenarios all faded away when I heard one ear piercing scream, and as I tilt my head to the side, I finally saw what scared the shit out of Ariela,

Bones. Definitely bones, lying perfectly on the bed.

I was terrified.

I wasn't actually terrified from the bones due to the fact that I'm a nurse and I've seen far worse things than that.

But I was terrified because I definitely heard a manly growl just downstairs, and heavy footsteps coming our way.