Chapter 4

TYLER

When dawn came, that old doctor paid me a visit again. Then he said I can now freely be discharged.

Too bad I can't get to see that nurse. I paid my fees then exited the hospital.

I still have an unfinished business to deal with.

My car was wrecked that night so I had no choice but to bring it to a mechanic. That car of mine should be fixed by the end of the month. For now, I have to walk.

I walked until I reached that neighborhood. Police cars were surrounding it along with nosy neighbors. I went near them.

"Thank God James forgot something and went back to the house before that man can take her. Who knows what that insane person must've done to Stella if James was an hour later." A nosy woman whispered to another woman while they stare at the house filled with police.

"What happened?" I asked that woman trying to add a tone of confusion in my voice.

"This house was entered by an intruder two days ago. I think it targeted the woman who just moved here named Stella." She answered me while keeping an eye at the house. Of course, I know all of that. "It was by good luck that Stella's sister's husband, James, went back to the house to get something just in time to catch the criminal."

But I escaped.

"But he escaped. Hopefully he won't come back already. James said he made a good slash at the back of the intruder." The other woman said, like she have read what I said.

I nodded and went out of the crowd.

Well, wait for it. I'll make a huge comeback.

I returned to my house and had a really long rest. I might need it later.

After three boring days, I decided it was now time to go. The police might be done with their search at that house now, probably finding no evidence and trashing the case. I love how the cops are so dumb at investigating. They always make my work so easy.

One thing is just bugging me. Why would they catch a person like me who only tries to save lonely people? They should put 'life' itself behind bars because it's the one causing people troubles. It's life that makes people miserable, it makes them hate living in this damned world. I just do what is right. I save them. And the cops are all too blind to see that, dumb people.

I walked normally on the sidewalk of the house, secretly peeking anything that catches my interest. Hmm, seems like the people are out, good timing.

I went to the backdoor and fiddled with the lock, I've already mastered picking on locks since I've done this countless of times. Without much effort, the lock clicked indicating I have successfully opened it, again. I went inside the house and directly to Stella's room.

It's not locked, good. I went inside and roamed my eyes around the room, I'm sure I saw it last time.

There!

I opened a door leading me to a small walk-in-closet. I entered and let myself be well hidden.

I smirked.

Time to wait.