Chapter 17

The little boy was staring at his sister at the far side of the room, slumped to the ground. His sister was staring back at him, smiling uncontrollably.

"Daniel, do you know where your mum went?" His father asked him and he looked at the closet door beside them.

With a shaking finger, he pointed at the closet.

"Good boy." His father told him and patted his head. This gave great feeling of content to the young boy's heart. He found himself smiling back.

Daniel approached his little sister and sat next to her as they both watch his father yelling happily because he now found their mom. They even started to play 'tag' in front of them, and when Pop caught Mom in the corner, Mom couldn't control her happiness and dropped to the ground, Pop then tagged her. "You're it." He said.

'They look so happy' said Daniel in his mind. 'Maybe it's fun if I play tag with my sister too?'

He then rose from his feet and told his Pop, "Pop, can I tag my sister too?"

His father was now smiling from ear to ear. "Sure, son, she'd be happy to play with you."

Daniel took the knife from his father and proceeded to his sister. He expected her to stand up and run but she never did. He then plunged the knife at the side of her stomach and said, "You're it."

After a few moments, Daniel said, "Ah? It's no fun Danica! You should run and tag me too! You're no fun!" He looked at his sister and was annoyed because she was still smiling at him.

"Pop, it was a bad idea to carve a smile at her face! See? Even in times like this, she's still smiling like crazy! I hate her!" Daniel said and stomped back to his room.

While in the way, he looked at his mother, drenched in blood like his sister. "You're all boring!"