Chapter 22

SHEANNE

We better act, fast.

"The window!" I screamed at Ariela as we both sprint our ways towards the window, stepping in the bed not caring if we ruin the bones.

For now, only one thing's inside our head. And that is escaping from the brutal hands of our insane abductor.

Ariela lifted me up and I immediately fit my body through the window.

But one thing stopped me.

I was actually high above the ground, and only one fall could end my life completely. 

"What are you staring at?! Jump! Fast!" Ariela shouted at me which brought me back to my senses.

"I can't!" I shouted back in agony.

I stepped at the side of the wall for Ariela to pass through the window, and as she made her way out, she immediately jumped to the ground.

"Jump! I'll catch you!!" She told me as she lifted herself from the ground, then lifting both her arms to show me that she'll definitely catch me.

But I can't! I truly can't..

My tears started escape from my eyes alongside my heavy breathing and fast heartbeats. I looked back from the window and there, I found the door being opened angrily by no other than the mad Tyler Ross. He looked at me as if I were a living meal, and he was my predator.

I shouted in agony as my mind went through possible scenarios of how I will end up.

When Tyler started to angrily run towards me, I made my move.

It was as if everything around me was in slow motion as I drop to the ground.

I can feel my heart wanting to burst out from my chest.

I was brought back to reality when I felt a hand through my waist, and I bumped into Ariela with such a force that knocked us over to the ground with a loud thud.

I opened my eyes to see that I was still alive. WE were still alive.

Realizing that it's too early to celebrate, I helped myself and Ariela stand up from the ground. Because surely seconds from now, Tyler will be sprinting towards us.

I shouted at Ariela the most obvious act to do in a predator-prey game.

"RUN!!"

We ran like there was no tomorrow, never looking back. We ran until our legs went weak, but it's too early for us to give up. Not when we're so close to it.

I felt my body begging for me to stop, but I can't. Adrenal rush got the best of me and my gut told me to run, run far away from this place, from him.

After what felt like forever of running, Ariela and I came into a hault. Desperately catching our breath after we ran into some kind of a marathon.

"Where are we heading now?" Ariela asked me in between her breaths.

I didn't reply because in fact, I too, don't know where we're heading at.  Tyler will surely track us down, and will never stop until he gets his hands around our necks, because we have his identity and we can surely bring this information to the police. After all, he's killed countless of women and he's now one of the most wanted criminal in town. I'm never going to let him escape from his punishment.

After we gathered enough energy, we began jogging our way again, of course away from Tyler's house.

The night seemed endless, with us running helplessly around the forest with only the light of the moon to guide us. Ariela began to slow her pace, and suddenly, she collapsed to the ground.

"I can't feel my legs!" She screamed as she punch her legs mercilessly.

"Stop! Stop or you'll hurt yourself!" I shouted as I grabbed her hands to stop her from what she's doing. She began to cry, and I found myself doing the same too.

We felt so helpless.

"What's the problem?" A voice sounded not far from us.

We immediately turned silent, feeling our whole surroundings.

"Are you lost?" The same voice spoke again, this time, behind me.

I turned my head in a flash and found a teenage boy staring at us.

"Let me help you." He said before helping us both to stand up. He discovered Ariela's situation and he hung her arms around his neck, supporting her weight.

"You're both safe now," he told us with a smile plastered on his face. "By the way, my name's Daniel, pleased to meet you."

~•~

If you can't remember Daniel, returning to Chapter 17 might help you ;-).