Chapter 19

ARIELA

I hate this place.

I hate every single fucking thing about this place.

I turned back to see Sheanne sleeping so peacefully.

With trembling feet, I managed to get out from the bed and roam around the room. It was dimly lit but my eyes were already used to darkness. I shouldn't have shouted those words back then. I shouldn't have asked for my death.  Now I'm faced with tough consequences.

I was walking near the bed when my feet suddenly bumped into something. I almost screamed but managed not to.

I fucking hate this room.

Docking in complete silence, I found myself peeking under the bed. It was dark but I could make a faint sillhoute of a small object, I reached unto it and found myself holding unto what felt like a box.

The box was covered completely in tape. Curiosity got the best of me so I stripped the tape with my fingernails, managing to open the top portion.

What I saw inside confused me, and well, surprised me too. There were what looked like books, but not books, inside. All piled up.

I opened the first one. It was dark so I couldn't make up what its contents were, I looked around for any sign of light and remembered about the faint light from what looked like a window before, but was now covered with wood. Thankful for the sunshine coming across from the gap of the covers of the window, I opened the book again and I found out it wasn't actually a book.

It was a photo album. I reached unto the other books and they were all photo albums.

Now, that lunatic, who Sheanne called 'Tyler', doesn't look like he's a person to keep photo albums or whatsoever.

He obviously looks like he killed the owners of this house and owned it for his sake. Whatever.

I opened the first photo album and found a picture of a little boy and a girl, smiling widely as they look into the camera. I flipped the pages and they all contained the two children, sometimes only one, and some contained which looked like their parents. They all looked happy.

Now that Tyler really is some lunatic to ruin this lovely family for his needs. I hated him more.

To help pass time without me losing my sanity here, I actually opened all of the photo albums. Most of them contained the boy and the girl, growing up until they looked like they were in their preteen years. I sighed when I opened the last photo album, knowing that after this I have to endure the boredom I just escaped from.

As always, it's the boy and the girl again. Now I can understand that they're actually twins, because I saw a photo of two babies hugging each other. I flipped all the pages but I stopped when I reached into a certain page. It wasn't because of a picture, because there wasn't any picture in it. Just plain words.

I started to read it, creep starting to build inside me, when someone touched my arm making me drop all the albums and almost scream. Luckily, someone covered my mouth before I attract that crazed man here.

"Shh. It's just me." Sheanne said before letting go of my mouth. "What are those?" She asked looking at the photo albums that I just dropped.

I gulped, my throat was suddenly dry. I bit my lip and said, "I think I just found a way to get us out."