Chapter 16

"Mom? Mom?.."

"..Dad? What are you doing to mommy?"

"Hush son, your mom needs to rest. Let's leave her for a while."

TYLER

As the car came to a halt, I opened the car door and stared at the house we arrived at. Memories started to come back to my head, I just pushed all of them at the back of my mind and opened the backseat where the two are.

They never spoke a thing the whole time we entered the house. They even obliged to go upstairs when I ushered them. I then led them to an old, small room. The room had a lone window, which was covered with nailed wood. The walls were painted pink, and there was a single bed at the far left side. Aside from the bed, no other furnitures were present.

I double-checked the room to be void of any sharp objects, before unlocking the handcuffs of the two.

"Don't try to escape." I warned them before closing the door.

I sighed and roamed my eyes around the dim hallway. I found myself walking to the door at the end of the hallway. It led me to a slightly dusty room, with some cobwebs hanging from the corners.

Another bed was on the middle part, a window just above it, illuminating light to the whole room.

I went straight to the bed and dropped to my knees. I held her hand.

"Mother, I'm home."