[20]

A/N: Dearest reader. I've thought alot about how the reader was going to be like, personality wise since she is 16 now, and I've reached a decision. As you read on, you'll realize her personality is a bit different from when she was an innocent thirteen year old. That's mainly because six years living with ghouls and witnessing a few unforgiving scenes can change a person. But don't worry, she's still the same person, only now more mature and open minded.

Three Years Later

The sky was a deep color of periwinkle. Not a spec of cloud was sprawled in the late afternoom sky.

Tokyo city was buzzing with life. Cars were honked, people rushed by crossways, rushing to get home or to an appointment, thugs stood in the darker alleyways, waiting patiently for a helpless pedestrian to pass by--some were even ghouls.

Below the hustle and bustle of human life, in an abandoned subway station underground, two figures stood. The only source of light was the flickering fluorescent tube hovering above them. The walls were cracked and plant life grew from the cracks, vines interwinded posts and crawled along the ceiling, showing just how abandoned the subway station was.

One of the figure was male. Tall, blonde and in a dark long trench coat. His cold empty light blue eyes watched his student with a passive look. Over the years, Renji's blonde hair grew, now it reached halfway to his shoulders.

The other figure was a female, aged sixteen. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair framed her delicate face, yet her eye's were cold and calculating as she stared at her sensei with seeking eyes, as if asking for permission to start. She was clad in black, wearing a long black jacket, similiar to Renji's and black skinny jeans and a black top. In her outstretched hand was a long sword, almost half her height, bending upwards at the end. It gleamed in the dim light.

Renji dipped his head slightly, nodding.

(Y/N)'s lips curved up into a graceful smirk.

Then it began. She advanced forward, fast. She swung her sword and Renji stepped aside, but she was quick, throwing her sturdy legs for a kick.

Renji ducked and soon they were both in a match. She was fast and years of training had made her strong. Renji could no longer dodge and swing a punch without catching the end of her sword.

When his powerful kagune came in for a strike, she backflipped, landing a few feet away. Fighting with his kagune was hard, until she got used to it. Renji didn't go easy, not that it would've made a difference, she was already stronger than your average human, being practically raised by ghouls.

She sliced through his kagune gracefully and as easy as cutting cake. Soon they were nothing but blurs of black and red. Red was Renji's kagune and the graceful panther was her. She dodged his blows and deflected a few with her sword.

If you were a bystander this wouldn't look like training. This would've seemed like a brutal death match. The blows were hard and she seemed tinier than a feild mous compared to Renji's powerful kagune, yet she fought head on with much speed and stamina, you would've doubt she was even human. Years of practice made her graceful and quick, every move she made was like an elegant dance.

When she fought, it was like she was a whole new person, a slip persona. She was no longer the clumsy, cheerful and bright eyed girl. She was fast, brutal and emotionless

After an hour of relentless fighting, they finally stopped.

"Already?" (Y/N) pouted, "I bet if we went for another hour I would've beat you." She teased as they emerged from the subway and into the city. Her sword was in the long bag she carried.