[27]

(Y/N) had been asleep for the longest time. Her breathing was shallow and her heartbeat was strong.

Ayato stood by the window. The afternoon sunlight beamed into his small apartment. He had in his hands her mask; the White Cat mask. He looked down at it, his bangs falling over his piercing blue eyes.

He never thought in a million years that the most notorious and dangerous vigilante was (Y/N)—his (Y/N).

A small groan made him turn to the bed where (Y/N) was sleeping. She was just stirring.

His lips tilted up slightly. She looked like an angel when she slept.

A part of him hoped she would wake up soon. He had to go on a heist with Kaneki as soon as the sun went down and he'd hate to leave her alone.

She shifted again and slowly, her eyes opened. She blinked, not yet realizing her surroundings.
She blinked rapidly when she shifted her head aside and saw the door. She slowly got up and looked around, her heartbeat slowly racing. This was definitely not her room.

Where am I?

“I would advise against any sudden movement.” A deep voice said from the corner. (Y/N) turned to the sound of the voice and her heart almost jumped out of her chest when she saw Ayato. He was leaning casually against the window frame, staring at her with his intense eyes.

“A-Ayato-kun?” Suddenly she was hit by a flashback. She remembered everything from the previous night. Saving that girl, killing the ghoul and she would've almost been left for dead if it weren't for Ayato.

“You saved me.” She said slowly as a smile curled at her lips.

“You put on a good show with that needle, Shrimp.” And that was as much acknowledgment as she was going to get, and she was perfectly happy with that.

Suddenly a sharp pain in her stomach made her gasp and hiss in pain. Her hand shot to her abdomen automatically. Ayato was by her side in an instant. “What's wrong?”

When she felt another type of fabric apart from leather, she glanced down past the white blanket and froze at what she saw. She slowly looked back up and refused to look at Ayato.

“Umm . . . Ayato-kun. Why am I dressed in nothing but an oversized t-shirt?”

“There was blood all over your clothes.” He explained nonchalantly.

Heat rushed to her cheeks as she cleared her throat. “You, uh, you didn't see much, did you?”

“Don't worry, Shrimp. There was nothing much to see anyway.”

“Oh good, because—” she paused and turned to him fully, realizing what he had just insinuated. Ayato was smirking, and he damn well knew he was very attractive when he did that. Her blood was boiling. He just indirectly said that her figure wasn't that interesting to look at. It somehow bothered her deeply that Ayato didn't find her body attractive and as soon as the idea hit her, she dismissed it.

“Ayato Kirishima did you just say what I think you just said?” She demanded, her eye's narrowing at him.

Before Ayato could respond, she attacked him like a wild banshee. Her hand grabbing the collar of his dark blue sweatshirt and she began shaking him violently.

“How dare you say that to me? Ayato-kun, you can't just tell a girl off like that! Haven't I taught you better? You disrespectful little—” The consistent shaking caused Ayato to lose his footing and since (Y/N) had such a firm grip on his sweatshirt, when he fell backwards, she fell on him as the both of them toppled over.