[32]

"Are you sure I'm the one you should be asking about this?" Nishiki asked young Hinami incredulously.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and slapped Nishiki at the back of his head. "Play nice." She said with a tight smile at Hinami.

Nishiki rubbed the back of his head, sending her a glare. "Fine." He muttered.

(Y/N) smiled warmly down at Hinami. "Go on Hinami-chan. Ask again."

"What is it like to fall in love with someone?" She asked again, holding onto the broom as she looked from Nishiki to (Y/N).

Nishiki rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Oh . . . You know. Something like that isn't logical. And it not easy to say. It's just . . . "

"Just what?"

"You want to do things for them . . . And be with them more, and stuff. That's what it is, isn't it? I'm not really sure. I doubt my opinion is very informative."

Before Hinami could sweetly object, (Y/N) dived in. "Geez, Nishiki-senpai. You crush a girls dreams. Where is the feeling and the passion?" (Y/N) said teasingly from behind the counter.

Nishiki scowled at her. "Fine. You explain it then." He grumbled childishly.

(Y/N) chuckled.

"Will you? Explain what it's like to fall in love?" Hinami asked, her doe brown eyes hopeful. She always looked up to (Y/N), hearing her words on the situation was going to be a treat.

Now it was (Y/N)'s turn to swallow her words and gulp nervously. Nishiki smirked smugly, his glasses reflecting the sunlight.

Hinami stared up at her expactantly with anticipation shining in her brown eyes and Nishiki stared at her with a smug smile expactantly.

"W-well, uh, it's like . . . Like seeing the sun for the first time. Love is many things. It makes people do crazy things for the one they love. The thing about true love is, no matter what, it's unconditional. No matter what that person does, you'll still love them, deep deep down inside, no matter the bad. Falling in love is a whole different thing. It's like the satellites that orbit our planet. You can never truly be away from them, you'll want to be with them always, almost like a pull of gravity. It's like all you see is them and when they smile or laugh, your world will light up. They become your everything . . . " She trailed off, her eyes looking distant.

By now Nishiki's gaze had softened and his smug smirk faltered.

"Wow." Hinami awed, breaking (Y/N)'s train of thoughts.

(Y/N) blinked and looked around, as if realizing she had an audience. Nishiki raised an eyebrow and Hinami grinned, her brown eyes twinkling.

(Y/N) cleared her throat, her cheeks going red. "A-at least that's what I think."

"You sound as if your were speaking from experience." Nishiki said pointedly.

"No I wasn't!" (Y/N) exclaimed defensively. "I just read and watch a lot of corny romance novels."

Nishiki look unconvinced.

Koma and Irimi walled into the room. "What's this? Takings about me? Me, once called the Devil Ape--"

"Koma, could you butt out of this?" Nishiki said.

The bell chimed and (Y/N) turned and everyone else turned to the door.

"Ahh, come . . . Right on in." Nishiki trailed off when he saw who walked in.

Tsukiyama was dressed just as fashionable as before with his head a full patch of purple hair, looking just as glamorous as the first time (Y/N) had seen him.