Chapter 7: Quidditch

I walk hurriedly away, refusing to let myself cry. I had never fought with Remus before, it's just not something we do. But now.. I don't even know, because everything's confusing. I really like Severus and Regulus, we had a nice time. But would I be willing to give up talking to Remus? Or even James and Sirius, who I just met a while ago, but I really, really liked. Well, not at the moment. At the moment I don't like any of them because they are over reacting and being prejudice about Slytherins. Sighing, I look around. Tall stands rise up around me, the house colours. Three large hoops stand tall, only a little bit away from me. The grass is fresh and cut, neat and clean. The Quidditch Pitch. I remember how much I loved quidditch, it was my favourite thing. Making a decision quickly, I summon my broom. "Accio broom" I mutter to myself, watching as it quickly shoots around the corner. It's a Firebolt, a present all my family chipped in for. Taking a calming breath, I summon a bludger and bat. They land firmly in my hands, the bat in my left, and the ball tucked under my right arm. I throw the bludger away, sending it across the pitch. I fly up to the air, clutching my broom with one hand. I'm a little shaky, because I haven't played in a while, but not too bad. Glancing around for the bludger, it zooms beside me, and I smack it, hard with the bat. It flies away, and comes back again. Again, it gets a smack from my beaters bat. After about a half an hour an hour of hitting the bludger around, I throw my bat down and catch the bludger, gripping it tightly. It stays still after a minute, as if it's calming down. Grabbing my broom and bat, I'm heading back up to the castle when there's a soft clapping. I turn and see Severus and Regulus. "What are two doing down here?" I ask then, narrowing my eyes. "We saw someone flying and decided to see who it was." Severus shrugs, not looking bothered. I smile at them, trying not to be embarrassed. "So" Regulus says, walking with me and Sev "You had a fight with you're brother and my brother and Potter?" He asks, his voice sneering. "Yes. And Pettigrew." I tell him. "Pettigrew?" Regulus asks, and Sev answers. "The rat." "Oh ye!" "Rat?" I ask them. "It's nothing" Severus tells me. "He looks a bit like a rat, don't you think?" Regulus asks me, and I have to laugh at the expression on his face. "But yes, Regulus, I did have a fight with then, shortly after you left." The two nod, looking thoughtful. But for some reason, being on the quidditch pitch seems to have cleared my mind a bit. I know I'm over reacting, it's stupid to be mad. But all the same, I'm still being friends with Regulus and Sev. "Guys, I have to go, I'm going to try and make up with Remus and the others." I say apologetically, looking at then. "No problem" Regulus smiles, but both of them look slightly disapproving. "So I'll see you later?" "Breakfast tomorrow maybe?" Sev asks, eyebrows raised. "Sure" I smile, hugging them both goodbye. Walking up to Gryffindor tower, I take a breath before going through the portrait hole. The common room is empty, only the fire making the occasional crack. I sigh. Shit. I make my way to boys staircase, it's not even that late, so they can't be asleep. "Remus!" I hiss up the stairs. "Sirius!" There's no reply. I'm about to turn around when a head pokes out the side of the room. Sirius. James' head appears above him. I smile at them, and they grin back, looking incredibly goofy. "Who is it?" A voice asks, and the heads disappear. Remus walks out into the corridor, sees me, and smiles. "Do you want to come up?" He asks me. "Sure" I smile, going up.