Chapter 48: Moony Wormtail Padfoot and Prongs..

The crescent moon shone brightly in the window, shining on Lily's red hair and my black hair, in the bed that's next to hers. I quietly throw my legs over the edge of the bed, sneaking across the floor. Barefoot, I walk downstairs, into the common room by the fire. I do not expect to see Sirius Black, passed out on the couch, half heartedly clutching a bottle of fire whiskey. But he is. I look at him, and I know that's the reason I came down here. I had met Sirius a few times down here in the middle of the night, and I had hoped he'd be here tonight. I wanted to talk to him. I walk over, trying not to make a sound. "Sirius." I whisper at him. I reach forward and tap his face gently. "Sirius! Rise and shine!" I say. "What time is it?" He mumbles. "One in the afternoon." I lie. "Oh.. Can you go find Prongs and ask him.." His voice trails off. "Sirius, it's me." "G'way Moony." He mumbles, swatting at me. "Sirius, it's me! Are you drunk? You daft asshole." I hiss at him, shaking his head. "River?" He asks me, his eyes opening. "Yes." I nod. "Did you say it was one o'clock?" He asks, yawning and stretching. "Yeah." "But then we've misses the train!" "Sirius, I lied. It's midnight, and the guys left you here, drunk and passed out on the couch." Sirius laughs to himself, then turns to face me.