Chapter 10: Family

A/N: Hey people reading this!:) So I just wanted to say in sorry if the last couple chapters have been boring, it's just to pass the time before the story starts going properly. I'm really trying to minimise filler chapters, but it's hard.. Anyway, I hope you're liking it so far, if you I have two other stories that I'm currently writing as well:) Both Marauders stories. Anyways if you like it comment, vote and stuff, even if the comments are constructive criticism. Okay bye:)

"Who the hell are Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs?" I ask them, frowning slightly. "We're uh.. They're.. Em.." Peter stutters, his small eyes darting around nervously. "They're our nicknames for each other." James tells me. "Nicknames?" I raise my eyebrows and smirk slightly. "Wow, you couldn't have worded that any worse, mate." Sirius laughs. "Well I'm going back to the common room, I'll meet you guys later to clean you're room?" I ask them. "Sure." Remus and Janes say in unison. Peter nods, and Sirius takes my hand gently, keeping eye contact. Damn, he has attractive eyes. He kisses my hand lightly, holding my gaze. "Bye gorgeous." He whispers softly, letting me go. My heart jumps a bit, making me nervous, before I smile and walk away quietly.
On the way back to the common room, I meet two new, yet familiar faces. "Hey River." Regulus smiles at me. "Hey guys." I greet, happy to see them again. "I'm on my way back to Gryffindor tower, so.." "We'll walk you there." Severus tells me, smiling. Shrugging, I walk between the two of them and we talk. "So how have things been with you since we met yesterday?" I ask them. Wow, a lot happened since yesterday. "Good, apart from my brother." Regulus rolls his eyes. "Why?" I ask, frowning. "Oh, he thinks he's all that because he's a few years above me and he plays quidditch." I smile, but can't help but feel bad for Sirius. Regulus is is brother, after all. As we approach Gryffindor tower, I say goodbye to the guys. "Will you sit with us tomorrow for breakfast?" Regulus asks me. "Okay, I'll see you then." I smile at them, hugging them goodbye and going in.

*************

Heading into the boys room, I see Sirius with his hands behind his head, humming softly. Remus is reading in his bed, sitting cross legged. Peter is under his covers, looking cozy. James, however, is fixing his hair and singing loudly, his voice high and off key, wavering on certain notes. "James, enough, you're killing me!" I tell him, entering the room. James grins, his voice going higher and louder on purpose. I look imploringly at Remus, who shrugs at me, blocking out James. "We've learned to ignore it." Sirius tells me, not looking anywhere but the ceiling. With a flick of my wand, I twist my wrist. "Silencio." I mutter, and his singing stops immediately. "Now that that's out of the way.." I say, as the boys laugh at James' face. I have to admit, he does look funny. He's gesticulating wildly, his arms waving, his eyes wide. James' mouth is moving, but no words are coming out. "C'mon, I suppose we should start cleaning."