Chapter 33: Another Problem

"I'm sorry Sirius, I can't deal with this." I say, tears springing up in my eyes as I turn and run, jumping into my cat form.
Tears spill down my cheeks as I hurry to Gryffindor tower, alone. "River, what's wrong?" A voice asks, but I don't even bother to turn and see who it is. On my way up the stairs, two pairs of feet hurry behind me. "What's the problem?" Regulus asks when he sees my face, eyes wet with tears and my hair stuck to my face. I brush my black hair from my eyes and sigh. "Nothing." I tell him as the staircase approaches the common room door. "Seriously, tell us what's wrong." Severus says, surprisingly gentle for once. "Nothing!" I tell him impatiently. Turning towards the fat lady, I mutter the password. "Tell me what's wrong!" Regulus demands and I spin angrily to face him. "Okay fine, I will tell you! You're brother! You're immature, cowardly older brother is what the problem is! So if you want to know why, go ask him yourself!" I say, my voice rising. I slam the portrait in their faces and run upstairs, tears in my eyes. "River, where did you go last night?" Lily asks worriedly as I walk in. She stops when she sees my face, her green eyes widening. "River what's wrong?" "Nothing, Lils." I tell her, trying to smile at her. "I don't believe you." She says carefully, standing beside my bed. I flop down on my pillow and tell her everything.