Chapter 34: Remus

Lily looks at me sadly, concern in her eyes. "I.. I can't kiss him repeatedly if he's never going to face what's going on! He's so immature!" I sigh, looking up at the ceiling of my bed. "I know River. They all are! Potter and Black are just.. Just.." Her voice trails off as she looks down. "But Lily, swear you won't tell anyone!" I say suddenly, seining my legs around to face her. "But River, what about Remus or-" "No one Lily! Promise me!" I ask her. "No one." She nods. I smile at her and comb my fingers through my hair with exasperation. "Are you coming down for dinner?" Lily asks me, standing up. "I eh.. Yeah." I say, making a decision. I wasn't going to let Sirius Black bother me. I had realise just how immature he was, and how he couldn't face up to the fact that we were kissing in secret. Well, that was fine. Then I suppose I don't have to face up to it either. I wonder if he realises why I ran away. Probably not. Walking into the great hall, I make another decision. I will not kiss Sirius again, it's an incredibly bad idea. I look up and see Remus, Peter and James laughing and talking quietly. Sirius sits beside James, talking to.. Sebastian. It's been a while since I talked to Sebastian, but the sixth year Slytherin boy smirks at me every time I walk past him. It's also been a while since I spoke to Robert. The last time was when I rejected him when he asked me to Hogsmeade. I approach the four boys quietly, keeping my eyes down. "So just.. Don't okay? It's not a good idea." Sirius is saying. Sebastian eyes him angrily. "It's not up to you, blood traitor." He says, his voice dripping with hatred. James looks up them, anger in his hazel eyes. Remus and Peter look up too, angry but quiet. "What did you say?" Sirius asks, standing up. Sebastian towers over him slightly, looking down with a smirk. "You know what I said, Black. By the way, this is for you." He says quietly, eyes narrowed and lips smirking as he hands Sirius a small, red, letter. He walks quietly away, leaving Sirius to stare after him. The four are quiet for a minute before James looks up at me and Lily. "Hi River! Good afternoon Evans." He smiles, messing up his hair. Lily rolls her pretty green eyes and bids me a quick goodbye. "You wanna sit here for dinner?" Remus asks me as he scoots down. "Where else would she sit?" Sirius asks Remus. "For you're information, Sirius, I have other friends besides the lot of you. I could sit with them." I say, my voice curt and angry. Remus shifts uncomfortably. Rolling my eyes, I start dinner. "So, when is the next full moon?" Peter asks. "Keep you're voice down!" Remus whispers urgently as James asks Peter upside the head. "Tomorrow." I tell him quietly, trying not to glance at Remus. Remus pales and drops his eyes, pushing his dinner away.