Chapter 43: Summer approaches

A/N: Hi! So the story's nearly finished:( *wipes tear from eye* Anyways this chapter is dedicated to Crazycoby (hope that's okay) for you're vote:) THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WAS AMAZING! So here we go:

"Lily! Lily, pull the curtains back." I sigh. "No." "Lils, it's nearly dinner and you haven't eaten all day. You can't just lock yourself in you're bed and read." A loud sigh comes from the bed, and Lily pulls back the curtains, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Oh Lily." I say quietly, seeing slight tear stains on her face. "It's fine. I'm fine." Lily says, smiling weakly. "C'mon, Lily, let's.. I don't know, go get some fresh air." She nods, and we head out to the grounds together. "I can't.. I mean, I've made excuses for him since first year, and I've always stuck up for him. And he just throws it back in my face!" Lily sounds exasperated, and we flop down near a tree, avoiding the sun. "I know Lils." I tell her. "I don't understand why he did it. I thought he was you're friend." "He's you're friend too!" "Was." I correct her, and she looks at me. "Well, I'm not exactly friends with him now!" I tell Lily. "Oh.. You didn't have to stop being friends with him just because-" "Lily! What he said was mean and nasty and just downright rude and horrible! I can't believe he said it! There's no way I'd still be friends with him after that!" "Ye, but he didn't call you-" "But he called you that! So that's the end of it." I say, smiling at Lily. "And.. Are you still friends with him?" She asks, nodding towards a boy by the lake. He has longish, dark hair, and he's small. Regulus. "I.. Don't know. I don't think so. But he hasn't done anything wrong. Not really." I say sadly. As I say this, Regulus turns and faces us. I smile slightly and wave at him, and he grins back and waves. "Apparently were still okay." I say. "And what about-" "Me?" A voice asks, cutting Lily off. Remus rounds the corner near us and smiles sheepishly. "Have you been listening to our conversation the whole time?" I ask him, frowning. "No! I just happened to hear the end of it." He shrugs, then looks at Lily. "By the way, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier today.." "It's fine, Remus. It wasn't you're fault." "No, but I could have done something. I could have stopped them.." "It wouldn't have mattered anyway, honestly Remus." "And.. And James wanted me to tell you he's sorry for the way he acted too." "I doubt it." Lily says, her mood going sour again. Remus hesitates. "River.. Can I talk to you for a minute?" I nod, goon over to him and talking quietly. "Look, I feel like we should really sort out where we stand at the moment, Remus". I tell him, and he nods. "Me too!" "Okay, I'm not the slightest bit cross with you. Why would I be? It's just Sirius.. I'm really annoyed at him, and I'm sure you heard about the fight we had. But you, James and Peter, I'm not cross at." Remus smile gladly and I throw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "I'm glad we're okay."

A/N: Watching the PoA whole writing this! I heart the Marauders! Anywas, please vote and comment!