Chapter 15: School.

As the feeling of Halloween goes away, were forced to start working harder in classes. The decorations come down from Halloween, and November comes with cold weather and more work. "You must use you're inner eye! Use the power to gaze into the fogged future!" The professor says, her voice wavering. "This is such a load of rubbish!" I sigh, putting my head down on the table. "It's not that bad!" Lily says, trying to take notes. "Come on Lils! Even you can't like this rubbish!" I say, wide eyes. Lily shrugs. Rolling my eyes, I look over at James and Sirius, sitting together. James grins broadly and waves at me. Lily ignores him, staring out the window. I smile at James and wave back. Sirius, I notice, is asleep. His arm is stretched out across the table in front of him, his head leaning on it. His long, shaggy black hair is falling into his eyes. "Watch this." James mouths at me. Nodding, I watch as he reaches forward with his quill. Placing it on Sirius' nose, James tickles him lightly. I smile over at them and stifle a laugh. Sirius wrinkles his nose and frowns, starting to wake up. "Padfoot. Wake up sleepy head." James coos in a baby voice. "Sod off, Prongs." Sirius snaps, his head still firmly resting on his arm. James smirks and pushes his glasses up his nose, reaching forward to tickle Sirius again. "James!" Sirius growls, and I can hear Lily's distinct sigh as she rolls her eyes behind me. James sniggers and retracts the quill. I click my fingers as the Professor drones on. Something about an inner eye, something about a cup of tea.. Whatever. James' head snaps up as his eyes meet mine, and I smile, gesturing towards Sirius. He grins back and nods excitedly. I roll up a piece of parchment and take aim when the Professor turns her back to the class, staring out the window as she continues her lecture. I flick my wrist and watch as the small ball of parchment hits Sirius. His eyes snap open. "For God's sake, James!" He yells, getting everyone's attention. James cracks up laughing immediately, his hands over his stomach. I get the feeling James has a touch of the dramatics. I laugh quietly as Sirius glares at James, but quickly shut up when the Professor walks over to me. "It would appear that you, my child, lack a certain.. Shall we say, ability? To.. Focus and do well." I raise my eyebrows at her insult. "You are new to this year, but, I fear this may be your last year here. Why, your very nature and complexion rings with a certain.. Arrogance." She finishes. My eyebrows raise higher. "I saw it. From the moment you walked in here-" "From the moment I walked in here I was bored stupid." I tell her shortly, standing up. "Sit down! The first to rise is the first to die! An old seer's saying." She adds quickly. "Thank God!" I tell her, picking up my bag. "Then please, let me be the first to rise!" I added the class. "River.." Lily says awkwardly. "No no no, please, Lily. I'm having a moment. I'm gazing.. Into my future." I put on a scared expression. "And I can see.. I can see.." I pretend to be looking through a clouded vision, before my head snaps back and I glare at the woman in front of me. "I can see that this class is full of shit!" I snap at the Professor. "If the first to rise means the first to die, then good. Anywhere away from this rubbish." With that, I flip my hair over one shoulder and stalk out of the room.