Chapter 9: Notes.

Hi!:) Okay so I'm dedicating this chapter to Andy_Angel because of the votes and comment! THANK YOU SO EFFING MUCH! It means loads! You have no idea:) So ye, if it's okay, I'm dedicating this chapter to you.. Okay that's it, enjoy people!

The next day, breakfast and classes are as interesting as they were yesterday. Especially transfiguration. "Hey" I smile at Lily Evans as I walk in. "Hello! D'you want to sit here?" She greets me. I shrug and smile, sitting down beside her, plonking my books down. "So do you know what were doing today?" I ask her, turning to face her. "I don't know exactly, but McGonagal generally goes straight into the work.. Especially as we're doing our OWL's, it's probably something advanced." She tells me. "Which of course won't be a problem for me." A smooth, deep voice puts in. Turning, I face Sirius, James, Peter and my brother. "Very funny, Black." Lily hisses, turning around. Sirius shrugs, grinning. Remus takes a seat with Peter in the row behind us. I smile at him, waving. "Thank god this is our last class!" James sighs. Lily rolls her eyes and opens her mouth to say something, but stops. "So, brown eyes, are you helping us with our room later?" Sirius smirks at me. "Do you really need me to-" "Yes." He tells me, his face serious. "Fine." I groan, but smile at him anyway. During all this, James has been looking at Lily dreamily. "So, Evans" He says, running a hand through his dark hair "Did You know, Hogsmeade trips start soon?" Lily turns and looks at James, sizing him up with narrowed eyes. "Yes?" "Well I wondering if you wanted to accompany me? We could get a butter-beer, buy some sweets, we could even go to the bookshop if you want!" He tells her, smiling, his hand still in his hair. "Potter, how many times do I have to tell you-" Lily starts. Sirius interrupts her. "Yeah, yeah, he's a bully, you don't need to point it out every time you reject him. C'mon, Prongs, leave her alone." James sighs, turning and heavily throwing his bag down on the table beside my brother. Lily raises her eyebrows at Sirius, reluctantly grateful.
McGonagal strides into the room, brisk and business like. And the lesson starts. Were about three quarters of the way through the lesson when a small was of paper starts repeatedly hitting me in the shoulder. Peter, somehow, has managed to enchant is to fly over towards me and hit me. I see Peter smiling nervously, James and Sirius laughing quietly, and Remus has his head in his hands, quill stick stuck between his fingers. I open the note, reading it with Lily.
"Why didn't you sit with us?" -Sirius
"We should swap." -James
"Hi." -Peter (Wormtail)
"Ignore this. McGonagal will have us all in detention, including Lily, if we don't stop." That's Remus, I bet.
I smile. My responsible brother. Lily has looked back to McGonagal, taking down notes. Turning it over to write a reply, I see more notes. These ones clearly aren't intended for me.
"C'mon, Wormy, just cast the spell an it'll fly!" That one is James.
"Stop writing these! You'll lose points for Gryffindor and Lily will kill us all." Remus. I know his handwriting.
"She's got nice hair, doesn't she?" I stifle a laugh and blush at Sirius.
"Shut it, Paddy." Remus again.
"I mean it! It's long and dark and sleek and shiny." Sirius has scrawly handwriting.
"Nice use of vocabulary." James.
"I. Am. Serious. It's nice! Almost as nice as mine."
At which point there's a small drawing if Sirius being eaten by some sort of Hypogriff. Subconciously, I put my hand to my head and look at my hair. I have the same eyes as Remus, brown and soft and caring, but I missed out on the Lupin's sandy hair. My hair is long, to my waist nearly, with small waves all the way through. It's also raven black, darker than any dark brown I've ever seen. Still, it kind of complements my eyes and lightly tanned skin.
I quickly write a note back to them.
"Nice drawing. You're hair is nice too Sirius. I sat with Lily because her hair is even nicer than yours. And why can't you guys clean you're room with magic?" I throw it gently back, flicking my wrist. While Professor McGonagal enchants writing on the board, I turn to see their reactions. Remus reads it, rolling his eyes and smiling ever so slightly. Peter leans across Remus, but can't see. James stifles a laugh and nudges Sirius. Sirius flushes a deep red, but he doesn't seem like the person to get embarrassed easily. Especially not by complementing a girl. He gently puts his the on the desk, sighing. James quickly writes back, putting in Sirius and Remus' replies.
"Because Moony forbid it, following an.. Incident last night. Padfoot's fault. Help us anyway? Please?" -James
"He won't even lift it for chocolate! You have to help! It wasn't my fault, Prongs." -Sirius
"Shut up, both of you! As of now, I'm only speaking to Wormtail." -Remus
"Me?" -Peter
The note makes me roll my eyes, but then something catches my attention. At the end of class, I wave goodbye to Lily and head over to the four boys, going out into the grounds.
"Who the hell are Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs?"