[ Takasugi ]

"Oi, what's up with you?" Takasugi inquired, an eyebrow raised. You sat in one of the chairs of the boardroom, a puzzling expression on your face.

You shook your head at him in response. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Doesn't seem that way," he shot back, obviously unsatisfied with your answer. "You've been staring at nothing for the past hour, and I've had to repeat myself to you so many times that I could probably recall everything that we've said in this conversation word for word. Though I guess that's not much of an accomplishment, considering the fact that you've barely said ten words. I don't know w-"

"I'm fine!" He was startled at your outburst, and your face colored in humiliation. "I'm fine," you repeated, much more quietly than before. "Just leave me be." And with that, you stood and quickly made your leave, an intense, olive eye following your form on your way out.

A knock sounded on the door to your private quarters, and you scowled from your place on your couch, not bothering to answer. Instead, you turned back to the book in your hands, despite not having turned a page in the last couple hours. You heard a crash and your book fell to the ground in the midst of your shock. (E/C) orbs darted to the entrance of your room, and you gaped at the sight of your doorway. Takasugi stood there, with his sword out of its sheathe and the door in pieces by his feet.

"What the hell?! You can't just slice my door open because you wanted to come into my room! Who the fuck do you think y-"

"I think the question is: Who the fuck do you think you are?" he retorted venomously.

"Wha-?"

"You've been moping and sulking for days like a stupid brat. I've been as patient as a man like me could possibly be, but this has gone on for long enough. What the hell is your problem?"

"I...I don't..."

"Spit it out already."

"It... Why do you love me, Shinsuke?"

The question caught him off guard. "What kind of idiotic qu-?" He paused at the sight of tears in your eyes.

"I... I just don't understand. Matako is prettier and stronger and more independent and obviously loves you, and I'm just... plain old (Y/N)." Takasugi didn't respond and stared at you in silence for a few seconds before sighing and kneeling down onto the floor between your legs. "Shinsuke?"

"Perhaps she is," he agreed, and you felt your heart ache. "But... that does not make her better. There is a reason why you are my queen... and she isn't." He gently took hold of your foot.

"Wha-...? Shinsuke, what are -" You gasped when you felt soft lips press against your ankle. The lips ran up your leg, slowly raising your kimono, and you involuntarily shivered when he left a particularly firm kiss on your inner thigh. You whimpered in embarrassment at the fact that he was practically between your legs and pushed at his head lightly. "Shinsuke..." Noticing your humiliation, he grasped your arm instead to drag his lips upon, going from the tip of your middle finger all the way to your elbow-at which he stopped because of the fabric covering the remaining parts of your arm.

Afterwards, Takasugi proceeded to stand up from the floor, sitting down on the couch beside you. Then he suddenly grabbed you by the waist to pull you into his lap and latched his lips onto your bare neck. You let out a loud and desperate moan when his hot tongue flicked against a sweet spot. A blush invaded your face at the smirk you could feel on your neck. He leaned back to stare intensely into your eyes.

"You're such an idiot," he insulted.

A gentle kiss on the forehead.

"Never listening to me."

A nibble of the earlobe.

"Never seeing what I've been so blatantly trying to show you."

A light pressing on each eyelid.

"You just never get it."

A quick peck on the nose.

"I love you, (Y/N), and I won't allow even you to insult the woman I love."

The passionate sealing of lips between two people who loved each other with more adoration than they knew what to do