[ Shinpachi, Gintoki, Takasugi ]

S/O wokes up due to a nightmare:

Shinpachi felt a slight tug on his shirt's sleeve, and then another hesitant one. His eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the darkness that consumed the room to finally landing on his s/o. His glasses were off but he could clearly see the distress contorted on his s/o's face.

" Sh-Shinpachi, I had a b-b-bad... nightmare." They could barely get their sentence out in a mutter. Whatever got them in their nightmare still had a hold of them now. He instantly internally panics upon seeing their cheeks puffed and glistening with tears. He sits up nervously grabbing onto their hands. He refuses to let them know how anxious he was feeling because they needed him the most in that moment.

" Sorry for waking you up.."

He gave them a weak smile, shaking his head, " Don't apologize for that. I'm here for you. I'll make you something warm to drink." He would do whatever he possibly can to make them feel better, even over one simple nightmare.

-

Gintoki awoke to his s/o crying over his chest, wet spots soaking into his shirt and onto his hot skin. Pained sobs escaping through tiny gasps from their mouth. In desperations they called out to him quietly, voiced muffled by his chest.

"Gintoki, please don't leave me. Please, don't leave me." Like a prayer, they clung to him as if it was their last moment on Earth. Gintoki's expression turned grim as he realized what they had dreamt of. His strong arms wrapped themselves around his s/o frightened form, fighting the shaking anger that wanted to wreck through his body. His jaw instinctively clenched at the sight of his s/o's face. The humidity from their tears stuck hair in different spots on their face, their swollen eyes searched his. His hand lifted up removing the strands of hair, cleaning up their face. He felt helpless. all he could do for them was hold them like this until they felt better.

Protecting the person you loved the most was hard, especially if you were the reason for all their nightmares.

-

Takasugi feels rustling and harsh movements next to his side. His s/o was isolated far off the bed, almost to the edge, trembling and he could see the tension on their face. It was unsettling to him, he instantly reaches his arm to them, but left it suspended in the air. His hand hovers over their arm, unsure if he should wake them from what he could was a nightmare. He didn't want to startle them and send them into a panic while awake.

Their eyes snapped open not too long after and their eyes searched the room in a frenzy; until they were welcomed by a calm Shinsuke. They whispered his name from their quivering lips, tears cascaded down their face. He didn't say anything, and he didn't need to as he grabbed their body, pulling them to press against his bare chest. He allowed them to huddle close to his side until they were comfortable with their new position. Placing his arm loosely but protectively around their body.