[ Takasugi ]

Takasugi Shinsuke:

" Here, I got you a Birthday card." there was a lack of emotion as he hand over the simple white card in an unceremonious way, as if this was another chore of his. Blunt and without a care.

Your face had stretched to an expression of pseudo delight, smiling as far as your mouth would allow you to. You didn't want to put extraneous work to a reaction you didn't have.This was so typical of Takasugi Shinsuke. He wouldn't show up to an event but will make sure to send a half-assed card about how he'll "make it next time" and how he "owes them yakult". You could only predict that was what this card had written inside it.

You weren't expecting a fanfare upon seeing him, or that menacing (but lovable) face to offer you a rare smile. Especially on this special day of yours. Well at least he had the decency to give you this in person, taking into account that thee Takasugi Shinsuke was a hard man to get a hold of. You know, with all his evil plotting of destroying Earth.

A lone mossy orb continued to scrutinize you, not missing the strain on your lips. He stuffed his arms back into the sleeves of his kimono, crossing them above his chest, " Well, aren't you going to read it?" his head lolled to the side of his shoulder as his once glaring eye grew bored. Your eyes flickered between the card in your hand to his lazy frown.

" I can always read it later."

" It'd be better for the both of us if you read it now." He wasn't giving you a choice.

With a nod of your head your meek hands had unfolded the paper, reading the words out-loud.

" I made myself free for you today, it's devoted to you."

His face turned completely away from your visage the moment you looked up. But you were quick to catch the pale complexion of his cheeks tinge a pretty hue of pink.

" If you want it to be, that is.."