Moondance

"Have you heard about the fireflies?" Haechan suddenly asked Minhyung who was writing something.

Minhyung turned around and rose his brows before shaking his head. He went to his bed and sat by Haechan.

"I heard they look pretty but I haven't seen one ever since..." Minhyung said and Haechan smiled.

"Do you want to see them? During these months, they show up prettily at the witches' forest." Haechan said and Minhyung nodded.

"I'll ask mommy first."

"I say yes but be careful boys." Taeyong said as he entered Minhyung's room with a newly knitted sweater.

"This is for you Haechanie. Take care of our boy okay?" Taeyong said and made Haechan wear the sweater.

"Thank you your highness."

"No problem kiddo." Taeyong said and Haechan and Minhyung ran outside the palace...

They even saw Lucas playing something on his flute. It was a really sad melody that the two boys didn't want to hear since it was heartbreaking.

"I wonder what happened to him." Haechan said as he held Minhyung's hand.

"I bet its about Jungwoo and him." The prince answered and Lucas rolled his eyes since he can still hear them.

They walked and walked and walked. The grass was tickling their skin but Minhyung was busy enjoying Haechan's hand on his.

It was something he won't admit for now... he was still shy and as well as... confused.

"You still okay?" Haechan asked the prince who nodded and smiled.

"Yes. Thank you for asking."

Minhyung tightened his grip in Haechan when he realized they went somewhere dark and dangerous for the human.

"Yah. This is dangerous."

"Ah. No worries, I have you." Said Haechan and smiled which made Minhyung feel so giddy inside.

They finally arrived on a huge open field and the moon was shining so brightly. The scenery was beautiful.

"Come on. Hold my hand tighter and I'll show you something."

Minhyung could only nod and they started walking to the center on the field. As every step they take, fireflies flies which makes the scene more romantic.

Cicadas were minding their own business and night owls also makes their sounds.

"Wow... this is amazing..."

"Can I have this dance with you your highness?" Haechan offered and Minhyung smiled before nodding and accepting the human's offer.

As they dance under the moonlight and the lights coming from the fireflies, Haechan can't help but wonder why Minhyung looks so good... so good that his heart races whenever their eyes meet.

"Hmmm... I heard you are very good at singing." Minhyung said and Haechan smiled.

"Shall I sing for you?" Haechan offered and Minhyung nodded.

"Can you uhm... sing while we dance? Nah. Forget it. I'm asking too much and-"

Minhyung didn't get to finish the sentence since Haechan started singing. He was singing and Minhyung couldn't help but smile and close his eyes as he leaned into Haechan. They were still swaying and both doesnt have the heart to ruin the moment.

"We are not going to---"

"Can you please stay with me for a lifetime?" Minhyung asked and it hit Haechan hard.

"What does that mean? As a friend? Sure." Haechan answered and it hurt him.

"Y-yeah... thank you." He answered but he wanted to be more than a friend.

They danced and wrapped each other in their warm embrace. Haechan was calm and Minhyung was hiding his upset feeling.

As they danced, they were unaware of the hungry eyes watching them so eagerly.

"No stop..." Minhyung whispered and gently pushed Haechan.

"W-what? What's wrong your highness? Did I do something to upset you-"

Yes.

Minhyung lied. He smiled at Haechan before taking in a huge amount of breath.

"Who goes there? Show yourselves cowards!" Minhyung hissed and hid Haechan behind him.

"No... wait a second... Its only us-" Haechan let out a loud gasp when Minhyung pulled him closer.

Minhyung groaned as he felt a knife was stabbed on his thigh. He smiled at Haechan who was safe and he desperately held Haechan close to him.

"Kids like you shouldnt be wandering out so late-"

"Shut up. How dare you stab my brother." Jeno and Jaemin suddenly appeared and Haechan grew so terrified.

He saw Minhyung collapsed right before his eyes and he was really in pain.

He didn't expect to end his date with Minhyung like this... he only wanted to have fun and not this...

"Oh... How is it going?"

"Shut the hell up Daniel." Jeno hissed and Jaemin was controlling himself to be sane.

Jeno was so angry of what happened to his brother so he went to full bloodlust mode as he killed all the vampires who tried to hurt Minhyung.

"How can you do this to them?" Haechan cried as he pulled the silver knife out of Minhyung.

"Woah... its silver..." Jaemin said and glared at the silver knife.

"How could you." He whispered and took out some powder and threw it on air. He made sure the bad vampires would inhale them.

He shook his head before setting them on fire. Jeno then stared at his brother who fell unconscious.

"Should we tell Mommy and Dad about this?" Jeno asked and Haechan carried Minhyung.