↳ Ashamed

—YN

I got ready for my day out with Kehlani I was so excited, why you might ask? This is our first time going out in public together as a couple. We've been dating for a while, but we've just been fearing what might happen if people see us together.

They could hurt us or shout crude things at us, but at this point we just don't give a fuck their gonna have to see love like ours all around the world.

I smiled as I heard the knock at my door as I ran downstairs to see it was Lani, as I hugged her and went in to kiss her as she backed away and slightly looked around.

"Um, alright?. Mama I'm going out I'll be back later."I yelled out as I got an okay back as we got in her car as we arrived at the mall as I got out and held her hand.

"This is going to be amazing, I don't know why we were afraid."I said with a smile.

"Yeah me either."She said lowly as I noticed she started to look around at the people that passed us, as I shook it off.

We got into the mall is when Kehlani pulled her hand away from mine, as I looked at her sideways and very much confused.

She walked into Victoria Secret as I followed behind her, she got to a section looking through clothes as I tried to hug her from behind but she moved forward before I could touch her.

I just shook my head and walked off to another section to find something for myself, but I just really needed to think and cool off. Was she Ashamed to be with me in public?

I just sighed as I found something and went over with her as she looked back and smiled at me as I smiled at her as she turned back.

I hugged her from behind as I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Baby, can you please let me go."She said in a whisper as she aggressively pushed me off of her.

I just shook my head, now knowing my thoughts were true as I put the things back and walked out as I heard her behind me calling my name, as she grabbed my wrist as I snatched away.

"Please just wait-"

"You know if you're ashamed to be with me in public all you had to do was say so! I wouldn't have came out with you and felt embarrassed and unwanted. Do you even really want to be with me?."I asked yelled to her with tears in my eyes.

She opened her mouth to say something as she closed it back and looked down as I seen a tear roll down her cheek.

"Bye Kehlani."I said as my tears fell and I walked out.

I got a Uber as it took me home and I immediately went upstairs to my room closing my door, as I fell onto my bed with tears running down my cheeks. I looked at my phone to see her calling me as I ignored it turning off my phone.

Before I knew it I was waking up, I didn't even remember falling asleep.

I opened my eyes as I sat up to see Kehlani coming in my room.

"Pretty girls shouldn't cry you know?."She said as she sat on the end of my bed.

"Why are you here?"I asked annoyed.

"Because I love you and I'm sorry."She said a She tried to touch me but got up moving to the other side of the room.

"If you actually loved me Kehlani, you wouldn't be ashamed to be with me. You wouldn't car that people stare at us in public, you wouldn't push me away when all I wanted to do was show you affection!"I yelled as my tears fell.

That moment we were at a standoff.