↳ Believe Me

—YN

I stood there in front of her as her brown eyes bore into my own, her's filled with silk tears and mine filled with pain. It felt as though a bullet had hit my chest, more specifically my heart and it hit it hard.

"Kehlani...If I were to tell you that I loved you would you believe me?,"I asked as I looked into her eyes.

"No."

"Why?,"I asked as sorrow filled my eyes, as they watched Kehlani under the dim skies.

"I don't trust you, I've been hurt so many times. I could never trust you let alone anyone else with my heart."She said.

"I've been here since the beginning Kehlani, I've been here before any of those girls or guys could ever break your heart. I've been the only one that has been close to your heart that hasn't broken it and never will."I said with eyes full with pools of water as they were ready to fall.

"I won't give you the chance too either YN."She said as she was about to walk off into her house as I gently grabbed her wrist stopping her.

"Please Kehlani Please. Before it's too late. "I pleaded in a soft broken voice.

"Before what's too late, before I miss out on you and you leave me like everyone else is that it?,"She asked angrily as she snatched away before pushing me back.

"No it's just-"

"You know what I don't want to hear anything from you. Just go home."She said before she went into her own home.

I stood in the now darkening sky as I coughed as I grabbed my cloth coughing covering my mouth as I seen the blood, as I wiped it away before I walked home.

I was dying and there was no way around it, I only have 3 months left. I wanted to spend this last bit with Kehlani like I've always dreamt, but I didn't want to tell her and only have her be with me because I was dying.

I wanted it to be genuine, I wanted something real before I lose everything I've ever known.

I know it's bad timing because she just broke up with her girlfriend, obviously it was dumb but I'm running out of time.

[2 months left]

After that incident Kehlani hasn't talked to me at all and she just avoids me at school, and come to find out she just had gotten back together with her girlfriend.

"YN, don't worry about her. I'm here for you and I'll always be here for you."My best friend and new girlfriend Salice said as she held my hand as I turned my attention from kehlani to her as a smile invaded my face.

"You know I love you right."I said with a smile before I laid my head on her shoulder.

"You know I love you to the moon and back right."She said with a bright smile.

After school I was walking home, I decided I needed to tell kehlani. I went over her house as I knocked on her door and her girlfriend opened.

"What the fuck you doing here."She said with attitude as I kept myself calm.

"I came to see Kehlani I have to talk to her about something."I said as I was about to go past as she pushed me back as I almost fell.

"I heard that you tried to ask her out while we was on break, you think I'm supposed to just let some shit like that slide bitch."She said getting in my face.

Before I knew it we were outside fighting as I was digging in, every hit was a connect to her face as it was bleeding. I was then pulled off by Kehlani's Aunt and cousins. As they helped up Kehlani's girl.

Kehlani then walked over to me with tears in her eyes before sending a slap to my cheek, as I just took it before turning back to her.

"Stay the fuck away from me you crazy bitch."She yelled before taking her girlfriend inside as her aunt let me go as I watched kehlani with tears in my eyes.

"Ma'am I apologize for causing all of this outside your house, it was just that girl set me off. I only wanted to come over and tell Kehlani about my sickness like you suggested, but it seems like she doesn't care and nor does she want to see me again. I just wanted her to know that I love her and I'll miss her and I'll miss you too."I said with tears in my eyes as it was tears in her own before she pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll tell her for you. I'll try my best to get her to come see you, I'll help her understand."She said as I thanked her before walking off going home.

[1 month left]

I came back home from school, the whole day kehlani would look at me then roll her eyes, then ignoring me but Salice took my mind off of that. As I walked into my house I felt my body get weak, as I started seeing black.

"MAMA!,"I heard my little brother yell as I fell to the ground.

"Go get your dad hurry!,"I heard her yell as my world faded to darkness, until I seen a bright light.

[2 weeks later]

—Kehlani

I watched as she rested in the coffin, the tears flowed down my cheeks as I watched her girlfriend Cry. That could've been me, it should've been me with her for the last few months of her life.

I wonder if I was with her could I have made some type of change in her life, could I have saved her?

Now I live with regret of unknown love.

I did love her, I did love you YN YLN you hear me? I loved you with everything inside of me but I was afraid that you'd hurt me like everyone else.

You weren't like everyone else though, you were special and I wish I would've realized that sooner.

Here lies YN YMN YLN

but also here lies our love.