↳ Love of a Substance

—YN

How can you help someone that didn't want to be helped? How do you love someone that loved a substance and a high that would last for days?
I loved the woman that was deteriorating before me, whether she could understand it or not.

" Come on Kehlani get up, " I called sitting her up to see the percocet bag under her showing and I quickly grabbed it from under her, only to have her grab my arm.

" No stop YN! I neead those. " She spoke slurring her words trying to grab the bag from me.

" No you don't Kehlani they are destroying you! Can't you fucking see that! You can't even see Adeya anymore, can you fucking comprehend that!, " I yelled as the angry tears dropped from eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

" I–I know, but just savee me a few just a feww and I promise I'll stop okay?, " She slurred whispering to me.

Just this sight broke my heart, she grew such a need and infatuation and need for these things that she can't even see what's wrong from right.

I looked towards the fireplace and walked towards it throwing in the bag watching it burn.

" Why would you do that! I hate you! I hate you!, " She screamed at me pounding on my bag in anger.

I turned holding her arms tightly stopping her.

" Kehlani this needs to end today, tomorrow you're going back to rehab. You're not coming home until you're alright and I'll make sure of that. " I told her making her snatch away.

" I am an adult and you can't make me do shit ioon want to do, you don't fuckinnn own me!, " She yelled at me.

That night I stayed with her until she fell asleep and set up everything for her to come in, I packed up her clothes and pictures of Adeya.

Early in the morning I had left out to make sure everything was good and ready and I unpacked Kehlani's things. I had asked Javie to come with me to get Kehlani just Incase she put up a fight.

We drove to the house going in and once we walked in the living room there was Kehlani laying with some guy, throwing back pills along with him. In that moment I lashed out and the last thing I remembered was the police pulling me off of the guy.

2 DAYS LATER

I had walked in with Javie to see Kehlani, we all sat at a table together. I could feel Kehlani's eyes on me because of the simple fact I wouldn't look at her.

" I'm sorry YN, " She spoke and I looked up at her finally.

" They said that you were being active and tending to all the meetings. " Javie spoke.

" What's wrong with YN, I know you know what's going on with her so just tell me. " She said raising her voice.

" I'm leaving you Kehlani, I love you but I can't I just can't do this anymore. After what happened those few days ago just let me know that it wasn't going to work. " I spoke breaking down in tears unable to look at her again.

" I'm sorry. " I spoke getting up and walking out sliding down the wall shaking in tears.

3 YEARS LATER

—KEHLANI

I contemplated knocking on the door but I just decided to do it anyways. I waited a few seconds adjusting my glasses, before it swung open and I seen that beautiful smile I haven't seen in the longest.

" Kehlani?, " She spoke with the tears filling her eyes.

" I'm clean, I've been clean for three years for you and Adeya, please come back to me please. " I cried and she nodded cupping my cheeks giving me a kiss full of passion.

Once her lips separated from mine we hugged each other tightly, not wanting to let go. I won't let go anymore I won't lose them again.

Over the love of a substance.

| Idea given by: @QueenRayRay101 |