↳ Unaccepted

–YN

There we stood walking side by side, both carefully watching the eyes around us. Afraid of the contact we wanted to make with each other, we watched many of the couples around us holding hands, sharing a kiss.

All the things we wanted to do we couldn't, we'd face harsh comments, things being throw at us and maybe even public jumping.

How was it that everyone else's love was allowed,
But not ours? Do we not deserve to love? Why is it wrong for us to love? Why was it fair for us to get beatings from strangers that didn't even know us?

We walked together into the secret club hidden underground, we gave the password and went inside with smiles just as our hands linked together and we shared a kiss making the crowd of men and women cheer for us while they stood next to their significant others of the same gender.

Down here we were free to live and to love.

"Come on! I've been wantin' to dance again for so long. " Kehlani said with that bright smile planted on her lips.

She pulled me onto the dance floor and we held each other close with dancing in sync. Laughing together with whispering sweet nothings into each other's ear over the music.

" Might I say you're lookin' quite beautiful tonight Miss Kehlani. " I whispered to her over the slow music.

" Thank you. Might I say you always look beautiful Miss YN. " She whispered back to me making me give off a slight giggle.

We pulled back staring at each other about to share a kiss until we heard a loud bang at the door.

" It's the cops! Run! " A woman yelled.

Kehlani and I held each other hands running without a second thought along with a group of others through many of the secret passage ways just in case this very incident occurred. While running the cops busted in and started beating and arresting a few people.

Once we made it out cops, and the same love hating people stood waiting and started bashing people with objects. Kehlani and I fought off a few women before running off through the woods.

" Dem there faggots ran through the woods! I think I seen your wife in there Charlie! " I heard a voice yell.

Shit! I though to myself with while we ran before stopping and she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

" Lani your husband is in that group lookin', I know he gone kill us if he finds you with me. I need you to go and get home, clean yourself up and make it seem like you've been there all night. " I said quickly starting to push her away.

" No I ain't leaving you! He will kill you! We in this together YN. " She cried to me.

" No go! " I forced with tears in my eyes pushing her off, she stumbled looking back at me with tears starting to fill her eyes as my chest quickly moved up and down.

" I love you, and I ain't gone ever stop. " I said to her and she came over sharing a tearful deep kiss with me before running off, and I didn't start running into the opposite direction until I seen her disappear.

I was tackled to the ground and hits were sent to my face full of power, and I started fighting back only to get my hands pinned down.

" I's always knew you were one of dem fags! Where is my wife at and you bet not do no lyin to me girl! " Charlie barked at me in anger.

" She ain't with me! She ain't been with me this morning since we went grocery shopping! She stayed at home after, she said she had some cleaning to do that's when I left! " I lied to him with pure confidence.

" Good! Now that I know my suspicions about you is true, I'm warning you stay away from her! She don't like girls and she ain't gone ever like em' the way you do. Next time I catch you around I'll kill you. " He threatened before sending a hard blow to my face knocking me out.

This is what they do to people like us in this world because to them we are

Unaccepted.