Chapter Twenty-Three - Rescue

Just want to give a quick thank you for all the support recently! I really appreciate everyone who comments and votes on the chapters; it fills me with determination to get them out. I have chapters lined up to last me to October if I put one out a month, so that's what I'be been doing. Sorry I haven't been updating frequently like I use to. Please bare with me. Thank you.

Your Point Of View

"Well, for all hundred of you who passed the first test, please watch this." I let go of Bakugo's arm and turn to the giant screen on the wall. It displayed the battlefield it was nice and peaceful but then giant explosions went off everywhere in the map. "The next test will be the last one. We will have to all perform rescue exercises as bystanders in the disaster site. We will assume that those of you who have passed the first test have received your provisional licenses and test how well you can carry out suitable rescue procedures." I continued looking at the screen and realised people were there. "So they want us to help them out, must be actors of some sort," I say to no one in particular.

He kept explaining that they are professionals and aren't real victims and that we will be scored on our points. He then gave us ten minutes to get sorted out and ready. Bell alarms went off and the speaker went back on and explained that the situation was a terrorist attack and that many were injured. The room then started opening and we were back outside. I decided to split up from the class I could get more done this way. I summoned ten 5ft fairies and I begin walking to where I hear distressed cries for help. It takes me a minute to find an elderly man with his leg under a large bit of rubble. The fairies quickly remove it. "Sir, Do you think you can walk?" I ask him for giving him my shoulder to lean on to see if he could walk, which he couldn't so I had a fairy carry him to the safe point while I go to the next person. I end up saving five people three young adults one elderly and one child. The child was in between a falling house and sharp rubble which could have impaled him.

I was on my sixth person when the ground started shaking, I already knew what was happening. "Fairies take her to a safe place and get her something for her leg. Protect the injured back at the safe area." I say as I summon more fairies. They take the woman away from the area and to protection but where the villains came through was close to the safe point. I start sprinting towards the fight. I make more fairies to continue hunting for the injured. As I get there I see Shindo running towards the villains. "I'll keep hammering away at them with tremors at one-second intervals!" He makes a tremor making the ground fly up but Gang orca goes to headbutt him. I quickly clap my hands together and quickly touch the ground making a wall out of dark light to protect him. Shindo flew back a bit because of the force of air but at least he wasn't hurt. "Only a single rear guard when there's this much of a difference in ability? Looks like you were underestimating us." he says rubbing his head.

I take down the wall and quickly run to Shindo picking him up. I was trying to get away but Gang Orca was heading towards us but he quickly turned away getting hit by a blast of ice. I smile as I know it was Todoroki who saved us I get away with Shindo putting him away from the villians to the side. Todoroki keeps blasting him with ice but it doesn't work. "As expected of the number ten hero," he says only to feel a tough breeze and looked up to find Inasa. "You guys have been prepared some pretty hot developments!" They both spot each other and glare at each other. "To arrive at the same time as you," Inasa says. "Why don't you go help with evacuating the first-aid station? That works with your quirk, right? I'll take care of this." Todo responds. What's with them? They're meant to be on the same team. "Both of you stop hating on each other and get along otherwise we fail this exam!" I say harshly at them, but I'm ignored and they both attack still arguing with each other. Their attacks cancelled each other out by attacking anything but the air around them.

"Why'd you use your flames?! The heat makes the wind rise!" Inasa shouts. "Becuase the ice was blocked earlier! Didn't you do that on purpose? Your wind blew away my flames!" "You're the one who did it on purpose to keep me from getting all the glory!" "Huh? Why would I do that?!" "Why wouldn't you? I mean, you the son of that Endeavor!" "What the hell's been wrong with you this whole time?! My old man has nothing to do with it!" I sigh quickly as one of Gang Orca's minion shot Shoto with a cement gun. "This is outrageous! I can't believe you two would start arguing here. You should have listened to the girl" Gang Orca says before the cement guns get fired rapidly. The both quickly avoid it but I didn't have time since I was closer to them I quickly put my wings in front of me to shield me. The cement sticks to my wings and quickly hardens. My wings felt heavy and my broken wing was damaged even more when the cement hit the bone.

"What do you mean, it has nothing to do with him?" oh here they go again, I sigh mentally. "It definitely does! To me, heroes are passionate! With passionate hearts, they bring hope and inspiration to people! Their passion comes through! That's why it was a shock! Because nothing came through in those eyes except a cold, cold anger! And then, at the entrance exam, I saw you, and I knew who you were immediately. Because you had the exact same eyes!"

"What are you doing with a villain in front of you?" Orca says. The cement had now dried and hardened on my wings and over the broken bone acting list a temporary cast.