We meet again.

Kaneki's POV:
Another day at the coffee shop, they keep teaching me how to brew the coffee but I keep telling them I know how, I haven't eaten today. Being around all these people walking in and out. Thank god it's almost closing time.

*Bell rings*
Another person enters, I catch a slight glance at the person walking in and see a yellow jacket. Great, another customer... they walk to the counter and order a coffee then take a seat.
"Kaneki one coffee!" Touka yelled. I instantly felt their eyes glancing over at me, I brewed the coffee and walked over there holding the coffee trying not to look at them. I went to put it on the table...

"Kaneki, bro why won't you look at me? Don't you notice me?" The voice said
"It's me, Hide... Hideyoshi... your best friend." Hide worried. I looked up and as he said, it was Hide sitting there looking at me. I panicked and accidentally spilt the coffee all over him.
"H-Hide I'm so sorry!" I apologise and get some paper towels, Hide laughs "Kaneki it's fine" he says smiling at me. I wipe him down and I can feel my face burn up... I'm so stupid! I should've let him do it himself... I keep feeling my eyes glancing down a bit. No! I let out a sigh.
"Kaneki, you ok?" Hide asked, I look up at him and nod then look back at his chest and continue wiping the coffee stains. "Hide I'm so sorry... do you want me to take your jacket and wash it?" I asked him, "sure" Hide answers and starts taking off his jacket, I can't help but stare. He hands it to me and scruffs my hair. I quickly turn away and walk out back, I slide down the wall with his jacket in hand, I give it a sniff, then another, followed by a lick. It even tastes like him... I cut a small bit of fabric from his jacket so it's not noticeable and put it in my pocket, I then get the stains out walk back to Hide and hands it over.

"Kaneki, I tried to visit you at the hospital but I wasn't allowed in. What happened?" Hide asks, I remember what happened with Rize and what happened that night... I shiver. "Nothing much really, some pipes came down and hit us, one hit me in the eye but I'll be fine." I responded. He looks at me with this glance and stares me up and down. What could he be thinking...?