I'll save you.

Kaneki's POV:
Me and Hide talk for a while, he starts to get comfortable again and returns to his normal happy and smiling self, until... his expression became quite sad, he looks at me "Kaneki... let's just say it was my last day today... what would you say...?" He asks, my expression becomes worried. "Hide..." I let out a sigh, "I guess I would say how much of a great friend you were to me, how you always looked out for me and that- never mind." I answered. Hide starts crying, I've never seen him cry before! What do I do?! I pull him in and tightly hug him, I feel him hug back with a hard grip and his face burrow into my shoulder.
"Hide please stop crying..." I say, but he continues. "Hide when you do die one day no matter how I'll be there with you every second I promise you." I reinsured him. "I love you Kaneki... you're me best friend... I'd be so lost without you..." he sobs. I wipe his eyes and smile at him "let's get you home okay?" I say, he smiles and nods his head. The moon is up its been that long. We start to walk, Hide ahead as usual, swaying gently. We walk past a few people on the way, none that seem suspicious. "Hey Nishiki!" Hide greets "how are my test-" he kicks Hide against a wall making him smack his head, it starts to bleed. He goes over to Hide and kicks him to make sure he's out then smirks "this will be good enough for dinner." He laughs. "keep your hands off him!" I yell, I push him away from Hide and guard him. "Go find your own dinner!" He argued "I won't let you eat my best friend!" I yell, we both grow out kagune's and start running and stabbing at stabbing at each other. I knock him out cold then pick Hide up while my kagune disappears, I run to the coffee shop and rest him there. I know it's rude of me but I might as well feed my cravings. I lick all the blood off him before cleaning him up and bandaging his head.

I sit on the edge of the bed and hold his hand stroking it with my thumb, his hands are so warm and soft. I hold his hand to my cheek and sit there for a while. "I love you too." I whisper kissing his head, I walk to the door and take one more glance at Hide and smile. I close the door. I turn and see Touka, she looks disappointed... why...?