Goodnight

Kaneki's PoV:

I take a sip from my drink occasionally. It wasn't as good as mine of course since it's my job to make coffee, but it wasn't too bad. I smile gently at the feeling of Hide's hand in my hair and close my eyes. I feel him kiss my head quickly "you're kissing me a lot Hide" I mumble. "I can't help it, I've dreamed of this day for years" he said, chuckling. I smile more and felt myself slowly drifting to sleep. My hands loosen on the cup. Hide took it from me and set it down "goodnight Kaneki, sweet dreams."

Hide's PoV:

I look down at Kaneki and smile, he had a very peaceful sleeping face. I close the magazine and set it down, slowly and carefully getting up. I walk to the kitchen and wash everything up, thinking about what we can do tomorrow for our date. Once I was done in the kitchen I go to the bedroom and make Kaneki's bed so I can transfer him from the couch. I walk back to him and carefully pick him up, supporting his back. I carry him to the bed and tuck him in, even putting a hot water bottle in there to keep him warm. I close the curtain and sit down on the floor, holding his hand. I lean my head on the edge and close my eyes.

After a while I could no longer feel his hand in mine. I heard mumbling and crying. I sit up and look at Kaneki "babe...? You ok?" I ask, getting up. Kaneki was tossing and turning, he looked very stressed and uncomfortable. "Kaneki..?" I shake him gently "wake up" I gently slap his cheek. He wasn't waking up. I run to the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I run back and chuck it in his face.

Kaneki's PoV:

My eyes open. I look at Hide, he appeared to be very worried... I breathe heavily, trying to calm down. "Kaneki what's wrong?" He asks, holding my cheeks as he wipes my face. "Hide I was so scared..." I cry "they were trying to kill you...". Hide hugs me "tell me what happened".

"We were on our date... and a man with white hair and a big nose walked over to us... he took me and did horrible things... and you came for me... you almost made it... but I had to stand there and watch while Touka dragged me away... she told me it's too late... and that I had to give up and it was best that it happened..." I sob, the image taking over my head. "Kaneki it's alright, I'm here. It was just a nightmare." He makes me look him in the eyes "everything will be ok." He assured me. I slowly nod and hug him tightly "I'll never let that happen Hide... never..."

"I know Kaneki, I know..."

He lays me back down "now sleep, I'll be right here". I slowly nod and pull him down, hugging him gently as I slowly fall back asleep...