Chapter 1

Halloween is my favorite time of year. Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, warm fuzzy socks, and parties. Halloween parties are the best. Me and my gals gorge on candy and watch Halloween movies all night. Me, Tori, and Gem are on our way to the first party of this season. We decided to go as superheroes. I'm Catwoman, Gem is Superwoman, and Tori is Black Widow. Oh by the way, my name is Pepper ya'll. I live in Dallas, Texas. Texas is a real nice place but it gets so hot at times. "I'm so ready to get to the party. I can't wait to see Daniel" Gem gushes beside me. I shake my head. "I don't know why you're with that fool. He treats ya so wrong Gem", I say. Gem rolls her eyes. "Just like your caveman of a boyfriend. Daniel only acts like that around others. In private he's just as sweet as ca-" Tori cuts her off. "Enough. We're here, get out of my car so we can go party" she parks the car and gets out. I grin and jump out of the car. I fix my ponytail and look around. "The party literally just started forty-five minutes ago. Look at how messed up this place is." I shake my head. 

Tori smirks. "I don't know why you bugging. It ain't your house." she starts sashaying up the house. I mumble under my breath and follow behind her. I look back when i hear Gem squeal and roll my eyes when I see Daniel groping her. "What a pig. I dunno what she sees in him" I mutter.  I go inside and nod my head along to the music slightly. I look around for Tori and smirk when i see her standing against the wall next to her ex Dylan. You see Dylan and Tori are the type of couple that have a on and off relationship. One minute they swear they can't stand each other and then the next they can't get enough of each other. It's sickening really.  

 I walk around the house looking for my boyfriend Ben. I'm a Junior, he's a senior,  and we've been together since my Freshman year.  I walk into the kitchen and grab a soda, then resume my search for Ben. I go outside and look to see if he's in the pool. I go back inside when i don't find him there and walk upstairs. I knock on the bathroom door calling out for him. I sigh when i don't find him and start to head back downstairs when i hear his voice in the next room. I smile and walk over to it.  

I open the door. "Waiting for m-WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" I yell when i see Ben and some peroxide blonde making out. Ben jumps up when he hears me. He pulls his shirt back on. "Pepper, baby it's not what it looks like" he holds his hands up. I glare at him, "Then what is it? Because to me it looks like you're shoving your tongue down this hoe-" the girl cuts me off. "Now you just wait a minute miss thang." she rolls her neck. "Just who are you calling a hoe?" she says.  "Oh so not only is she a hoe, she's dumb too." i scoff and shake my head. I throw my soda at her and then on Ben. "I can't believe you did that!" the hoe screeches. She lunges at me and the next thing i know we both hit the ground. 

I punch her trying to get her off of me. I hear Ben yelling in the background and more people yelling "Fight! Fight! Fight!". I push the blonde off of me and stand up. I stumble back when she jumps up and pushes me. I growl and start swinging at her. "What is going on-Pepper what are you doing?! Stop it!" I hear Gem yell. Tori and Dylan push their way into the room. I yell when arms wrap around me and turn. I slap Ben when i see that it's him. "Keep your filthy hands off me you cheater! We're DONE!" I screech. I push my way through the crowd and walk downstairs. 

I look up when i hear someone bust in and my eyes widen when i see police officers. I start running out the back door and yell when one of the officers grabs me. "Put me down!" I yell. Others rush downstairs and start running when they see the cops. The officer holding me slaps handcuffs on my wrists and hauls me outside. He stuffs me into the back of the squad car and shuts the door, then makes his way back inside. I huff and blow a loose piece of hair out of my face. I sniffle and wipe the falling tears away. "What a night" I shake my head and look out the window.