Chapter 7: Ben

Now I know you guys think I'm an idiot, or a douche or whatever since I cheated on Pepper but i'm really not. I'm not that kind of guy at all. Let me give you my side of the story. That night of the Halloween party I got really drunk before Pepper showed up. I got the unfortunate news that my mom has stage three breast cancer. Now I'm not excusing what I did but just hold tight so you can really understand what happened and how it really wasn't my fault. 

After finding out about my mom I went on a drinking binge. My dad took my mom out to dinner so I got into his liquor cabinet. I drank a glass of almost every single alcoholic beverage in the cabinet. Later than night I went to the party long before Pepper did and I drank some more. There was this one blonde - I'm sure Pepper told you about her- that had been eyeing me the moment I showed up. 

I was going to ignore her and just wait for Pepper to show up so that I could talk to her but the blonde - I forgot her name- told me something that devastated me further. She said, and I quote, Pepper told me that she's through with you. Of course like an idiot I believed her. I'm sure Pepper has never even talked to that girl. 

 It was all downhill from there. One moment we were making out on the couch, the next we were in a room, and then Pepper was screaming and crying and fighting. It was then I knew that I had messed up when I saw how upset Pepper was. I knew that I had been lied to, and worse yet I hurt Pepper. 

I tried explaining what happened but she wouldn't listen to me. I can't say I blame her though. Instead of just believing the girl I should've waited until Pepper showed up so that I could've have talked to her. That night she texted me I thought maybe she wanted to get back together. How wrong I was. When Pepper told me she was pregnant I was...man I don't even know how to describe it. I was angry - more at myself than her-, I was sad, and I was in denial for a while. 

It's like I knew she was pregnant, and I believed her, but I was kind of hoping that I was just dreaming, or that she was playing a joke to get back at me for cheating. Then I heard the heartbeat. It just clicked right then and there that Pepper was actually having my baby. That I was going to be a teenage father. I can't lie and say I was excited or happy, I mean who wants to be a teenage parent? 

After Pepper's appointment I stepped up my game. I increased the hours I was working at this tire shop, and I got another job. My dad has been constantly on me about how expensive babies are and many other things. I'm nervous too. I mean like really nervous. What if I'm not a good dad? 

Anyways, I know I got way off topic but I've been holding this in since the day I found out about Pepper's pregnancy. I hope ya'll can stop thinking of me the way I know you have been. Maybe if I got the chance to explain what happened, Pepper would forgive me and I could get my girl back. 

A guy can only hope.