Chapter 25

Do you all know how much I hate working at the movie theater? I come home will spilled slushies, and sodas all over me. I smell like nachos, pizza, popcorn and other foods. Even though I don't hate smelling like food, I do hate smelling the food on myself because it makes me want to eat and mom hates for me to eat before dinner.

I walk into the house and drop my stuff by the door. "Pick up your things." Mom says walking by. I groan. "Mom I just got home. I'll do it later." I say. "You'll do it now!" Mom calls out walking upstairs. I groan and pick up my things. I walk upstairs and set them down. I flop down on the bed and look up when I hear Luna crying. 

Dad walks into my room and holds Luna out. "Here." he says. I smirk and grab her. "Had enough huh?" I say. Dad narrows his eyes at me and stomps out. "These kids will be the death of me" I hear him mutter as he walks out. I burst out laughing and shake my head. "Did you get on grandpa's nerves?" I kiss her cheek.

Luna giggles and sticks her fingers in her mouth* "Ew, why do you drool on me all the time?" I wipe her saliva on my shirt and stand "Let's give you a bath and then mommy can get one." I look up when Ben walks into the room. He kicks off his shoes and flops down on the bed groaning* "Is this what it's like to work full time? I don't want to become an adult. I like being a teen." he mumbles into the pillow. 

I smirk "Better get used to it buddy boy. You have a lot more in store for you." I say. Ben flips me off and turns on his back. I chuckle and run some bath water. I add some bubbles and place Luna in the tub. "Mama." she babbles. I smile and wash her hair. "You're just adorable you know that?" I kiss her forehead and dump bubbles on her head. 

Luna giggles and pats her head. She slaps the water. I yelp and jump back when water hits me in the face. Luna laughs harder. "That's not funny." I mutter wiping my face with a towel. Ben peeks inside. "Laughing at Mama's expense? My favorite thing to do." He grins and ducks out in a hurry when I growl at him. 

"Splash her again Luna!" He calls out. "Shut up Ben!" I yell at him. I shake my head and then turn back to Luna. I grab a towel and dry her off. I put her in some footie pajamas and brush her hair. I grab her toothpaste and put a little on her toothbrush. "You look like a wet rat. A cute one though." He grins. 

I glare at him. "And you look like a pug. An ugly one. Oh wait they're all ugly. I forgot." I smirk when I see the incredulous look on his face and walk off. "That's what you get." I call out. I hand Luna a bottle and place her on the bed. I turn on some cartoons and grab my phone. 

"Call me a pug. I don't look like a pug." Ben mutters sitting down on the bed. "Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better love." I say. Ben bucks at me and snatches my phone. "Forget you." He puts the phone down. I laugh and grab my phone. 

"Aw is the baby mad?" I smirk and look over when Luna throws her bottle. She bounces on the bed and throws herself back against the pillow. I shake my head when she sticks her foot in her mouth. "She gets it from you." Ben says. I raise an eyebrow and he nods. "Yup. I saw you chewing on your foot just the other day." he says. I buck at him. "Why don't you stop lying." I say. 

Ben grins. "I'm not lying. And I'm gonna tell everyone in this house." he stands up and rushes downstairs quickly. "Ben! You better not!" I call out. I grab Luna and follow him. "Hey everyone guess what. I saw Pepper chewing on her foot the other day." he says casually. "Mom he's lying!" I pop Ben's arm. Dad snorts. "I can believe it. She didn't stop chewing on her toes until she was ten." he says. 

"You guys are the worst." I shake my head. Ben grins. "Oh really? Tell me more." he sits in front of Dad. I groan and stomp away when my dad launches into the story. "They suck don't they Luna?" I look down at her. Luna blinks at me and yawns. "I'll take that as a yes. I knew you were on my side." I say. 

Luna babbles and bounces on my lap. I smile and turn on the TV. Starla runs into the living room and sits beside me. "Hi Pep." She grins and kicks her legs. I narrow my eyes at her. "What did you do?" I ask. Starla grins wider. "I spilled soda in your favorite bag." She says. I gasp and my eyes widen. "You little brat! What were you doing in my room?!" I say. 

"I just wanted to play. I was pretending to be mommy and I spilled soda in the bag." Starla grins and shrugs. I glare at her and put Luna in her playpen. "I'm gonna kill you!" I run over to her. Starla screams and takes off running. "Pepper leave your sister alone!" Dad yells. 

"She spilled soda in my bag!" I stomp into the kitchen. Dad rolls his eyes. "Wash it." He mutters. I huff and turn to mom. "A little help here please?" I ask. Mom looks up and stuffs the rest of her cracker in her mouth. "What do you want me to do about it?" She shrugs. 

"You would've given me a spanking if I did what she did." I cross my arms. Mom smirks. "Yeah probably. But you always did stuff like that on purpose." She says. My jaw drops. "I did not! Name one time I did something like that." I say. 

"When you were six you got mad at your dad and took his favorite shoes and cut them up. Then you placed them in the blender and said you were making a leather smoothie." Mom says. Dad nods in agreement. "Yeah you did." He says. I make a face. "Okay maybe one tim-" Mom cuts me off. 

"When you were eight I told you that you couldn't have any of Emmett's birthday cake because you had been acting up so you snuck into the kitchen, ate the cake anyways, all of it. And then you proceeded to throw up in my Prada bag that your dad got me for our anniversary." She nods. 

It's like my family just stores away things I did in files just to use them against me later. It's annoying.