Chapter 24

I place Luna in her playpen when the doorbell rings and walk over to answer the door. I look out the peephole and grin when I see Tori. I open the door and let her in. "Hey girl." says she. "Hey. How are you?" I shut the door behind her. "F-flipping cold." she shudders and blows on her hands. I smirk. "Hot cocoa?". Tori narrows her eyes at me. "Do you even have to ask?" she says. 

"Point taken." I laugh and walk off to the kitchen. I grab to mugs and pour milk in them. "How was your vacation?" I ask. "It was fine until my parents started finding every little thing to argue about." Tori says coming into the kitchen. "I wish they would just get a divorce already." she rolls her eyes. 

I shake my head. "You don't wish that. Don't say that." I grab the whipped cream out of the fridge. "Maybe not but I do wish they would stop fighting. You should've saw all the looks I got." she mutters. "Maybe they should go to counseling. It could help." I spray the whipped cream on top of the hot cocoa and add marshmallows. I dust some cinnamon on top and hand Tori her mug. 

"I can't suggest that. They'll say it's none of my business or they'll lie and say that everything is fine." Tori sips her hot cocoa. "This is so good." she closes her eyes. I smirk. "Yeah I know. Alright come on, I got the movies set up." I grab the bag of marshmallows and some chips and go into the living room. 

"What are we watching?" Tori follows and sits down on the couch. "First we're watching The Nightmare before Christmas. Then we're watching Holiday in Handcuffs, both Santa Baby movie,  Christmas Cupid, Snowglobe, Titani-" Tori cuts me off. "What does Titanic have to do with Christmas movies?" she asks. "Nothing. Don't interrupt. Titanic, Lion King, and Home Alone." I grin. 

Tori shakes her head. "I'll go get the blankets." she stands. "And pizza rolls!" I call out. I set my mug down and grab Luna. "Wanna watch a movie?" I say. "What am I asking you for. It's not like you'll respond. Luna you're seven months old. Why aren't you talking yet?" I smooth her hair out of her face. I smile when Luna starts babbling and shake my head. 

Tori comes back with my comforter and a bowl of pizza rolls. I grin and pop one in my mouth. "Luna!" Tori reaches for her. Luna babbles and holds her arms out. "Hey pretty girl." Tori grins and sits her in her lap. I start the movie and turn off the lamp. Luna waves her arm and starts crying. I sit up and grab her teething ring. "Here." I hand it to her. 

Luna sticks the toy in her mouth and blinks at me. "She is so adorable." Tori grins and rubs her back. "You wanna take her home?" I smirk. Tori shoots me a look. "No thanks." she says. I look up when I hear feet pounding down the stairs and laughs. "Do I smell pizza rolls?"Mom rushes over. Starla follows behind quickly. 

"Shh! We're trying to watch a movie!" I point to the screen Mom sits on the love seat and spreads the blanket on the back over her legs. Starla skipds over"Ooh pizza rolls!" she grabs some and sits in mom's lap.   

My family certainly knows how to be loud. I shake my head and turn the volume on the TV up. I grab my hot cocoa and sip it. I glare at Tori when she starts singing along with the movie. She bucks at me and keeps singing. I roll my eyes and grab a marshmallow. I stuff it in my mouth and keep watching the movie. 

"That was fun." Mom stands after we finish watching all the movie. I throw a pillow at Starla and burst out laughing when it hits her in the face. SHe snorts and opens her eyes quickly looking around. "Huh? What?" she yawns. "You were snoring up a storm over there" Tori stands up, careful not to wake Luna and puts her in the playpen.