Chapter 5

After the talk with my parents I head back upstairs to my room. I sit down on my bed and grab my phone off of my nightstand. I go to my contacts' list and hover over Ben's number. I press his number and type out a text message, "Hey we need to talk, could you and your parents come over tomorrow maybe?" I hesitate a moment before pressing send. I lay back on my pillows and turn on the TV, I glance over when the phone chimes. 

""I'll ask my parents." he replies. My phone chimes again. "They said sure. What time?" he messages again. I go downstairs and ask my mom. "Around six-thirty." she says, I nod and go back upstairs. I reply to his message and then plug up my phone to charge it. I shower and get into bed. Emmett knocks and then comes into my room. 

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" he asks. I look up, "Mom and dad didn't tell you?" i ask. He shakes his head and sits down beside me. "I wanted you to tell me, so spill." he crosses his arms. I sigh and look at the TV. "I'm pregnant" I tell him. Emmett's eyes widen and he stands up. "You're pregnant?" "By who?" he asks. I glare at him, "Who do you think. Ben obviously" I look back at the TV. 

"Wow. Just wow. Didn't mom and dad give you the talk? Wait, I know they did!" he exclaims. I look down at my eyes as my eyes water again. I'm so sick of crying. "Pep-" I cut him off. "Don't! Just don't okay? I already feel bad enough, I don't need you adding onto that. Why don't you just be here for me." I say. Emmett stares at me for a moment before sitting back down. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to upset you. I just never would've thought you-" he shakes his head and sighs. 

I nod. "I never would have either. But it happened. So now I have to deal with it" I sigh. "Can you go? I just want to go to sleep" I add. Emmett nods and pats my shoulder. He walks out closing the door behind him. I turn onto my side and stare at the wall. Soon after I drift off to sleep.  

I wake up in the middle of the night feeling sick to my stomach. I jump out of bed and run into the bathroom. I barely make it to the toilet before spilling my guts everywhere. I sit on the floor for a good ten minutes. Every time I'd think I had to throw up again. I sigh and stand up, I walk over to the sink and splash my face with some cold water. I gargle with some mouth wash and then dry my face. 

I slip on my robe and walk downstairs quietly. I get a glass out of the cabinet and fill it with some cold water. I open the fridge and look around it before grabbing a piece of cake on a plate. I grab a fork and turn, I jump when I see Emmett and huff. "Thanks for nearly giving me a heart attack" I start eating the cake. Emmett grabs a bottle of water, "You really shouldn't eat that so late at night." he says. I roll my eyes, "What, are you a pregnancy expert now?" I respond. 

Emmett smirks and shakes his head. "No, chocolate always used to tear up your stomach late at night. But go right ahead and eat it." he says, I make a show of putting a big piece in my mouth. "I will" I put the plate in the sink."How are you feeling?" Emmett asks. I shrug looking down at the floor. "Nauseous. Sad. Many other emotions." I sit on the counter. Emmett nods and scratches his head. "I, um don't really know what to say. I could say that it'll be alright or it'll get better but I don't really know if it will." he says. 

I lean my head against the cabinet. "I hope it gets better though. For your sake" he says. I nod looking at the wall. "I hope so too" I say. Emmett nods. "Alright well uh, I'll see you in the morning. Oh yeah, mom told me that douche and his family are coming over later, so if he gets out of hand just let me know" he says. I smile and nod. "I will" I say.  

Later on that day after I've slept more I start helping mom cook dinner for later on tonight. Despite our conversation last night my dad still isn't really talking to me, or making eye contact with me. I know he's disappointed but that doesn't make it hurt any less. My mom though has been as understanding as she can, I know that she's disappointed as well but she took the news a lot better than dad did. I wipe my hands after putting the cornbread in the oven and sit down. I yawn and look at the time.