Chapter 11: Ben

I'm really excited for Pepper to have our kid. I know it sounds stupid considering we're so young and all, but I am. I'll admit I was nervous at first. I mean who wouldn't be? But I knew that I had to step up and take care of my responsibilities. For the past ten minutes I've been watching Pepper sleep. I know I sound like a creep, but who cares? I don't. I roll out of her bed and go into the bathroom. I splash my face with water and gargle with mouthwash. After I finish in the bathroom I go back to Pepper's room. 

"Pep, hey Pep wake up. I have to go." I say shaking her gently. Pepper mumbles and lifts her head a bit. She moves her hair out of her face and peers up at me with those big doe eyes. "Where are you going?" she asks. "I have to work. I need to go home and change." I say. Pepper mumbles incoherently and sits up yawning. "Will you be back?" she asks. I nod "If you want me to." I say. 

Pepper nods. "I want you to. You don't want to stay for breakfast? I think my mom is making waffles." she says. I smile and shake my head "I'd like to, but I really have to go." I say. Pepper nods again. "Okay then I'll see you later." I nod in agreement and kiss her forehead. "Bye." "Bye" says Pepper lying back down. "Wait, when you come back will you bring me a chocolate shake?" she grins hopefully. I roll my eyes and grin. "I'll think about. Bye Pepper." I open the door and step out. 

I look up and my smile drops when I see her brother Emmett. If looks could kill, I'd have been dead a long time ago. Emmett crosses his arms and stares at me. I swallow hard and move to walk down the stairs. Emmett steps in front of me. "If you hurt my little sister again I will end you." he pokes me in the shoulder and then moves to the side. I walk down the stairs and let out a breath of air when I get to the bottom. I guess we won't be friends anytime soon. 

I slip out of the house without anymore run-ins and get into my car. I drive home and shower then change into my uniform. I really hate this particular job. My dad got me this job at this car repair shop. My the end of the day I'm all greasy and smell like gasoline. I seriously think my boss hates me. He works me harder than any of the other employees. I don't complain much though because the pay is good, and I need all the money I can get. 

After getting changed I head to work. I park my car and get out. I clock in and go to the break room to put my stuff up. I lace up my boots and look up when the door opens. "Hey Ben." my co-worker Andrew comes in. "What's up man." I button up my shirt. "Nothing much. How about you?" Andrew asks. "Same" I say and walk out of the break room. I grab a cup of coffee and head to the back of the shop. 

"Ben, I need you to file some papers for me." Mr.Martin, the owner says. He hands me a stack of papers and walks away. I mutter under my breath and go to his office. I set my coffee cup down and walk over to the file cabinet. I unlock the top drawer and pull it open. I thumb through the papers and start placing them where they need to go. I don't know why the man doesn't just keep everything on a computer. He's so old-fashioned. I don't think he even owns a computer. 

After about thirty minutes of putting the papers away, I lock the file cabinet again and walk out of the office. I throw my cup away and sit down at the front counter. I power up the computer and look around the desk. Every time the secretary -Mr.Martin's daughter- fails to show up I'm stuck up here. I'd rather be getting greasy than sitting up here. It's boring. I take out my phone and text Pepper. 

"U up?" I text her. My phone chimes a few seconds later. "Yeah. Wyd?" she replies. "Sitting @ the front desk bored out of my mind." I reply. She responds a few seconds later. "Aww poor you 😂. You're still bringing my chocolate shake right?" I roll my eyes and respond. "I said I'd think about it. Now I probably won't bc you teased me." My phone chimes seconds later. "No! I'm sorry! Bring me my chocolate man!" she responds. I laugh and shake my head.