Chapter 19

Gem's been giving us pleading looks ever since we found out about her and Dylan. I think Tori was willing and maybe even ready to forgive her until she and Dylan took their relationship public. I feel bad for Daniel. I mean yeah he wasn't the best boyfriend, but at least he didn't cheat while they were together. He just never stuck to one girl when the weren't.

I hardly ever see him around anymore. "Maybe we should invite him to hang out with us sometime." I suggest. Ben glances at me. "Who?" he asks. Tori looks up from her tray. "She means Daniel." she says. "Oh. Yeah I guess." Ben says. 

 I nod and watch as Daniel moves down the lunch line. "Hey Daniel! Over here!" I call out and wave him over. Daniel furrows his eyebrows and hesitates for a moment before walking over. He sits and glances around uneasily. "Don't worry, she doesn't sit over here anymore." Tori mutters.

Daniel visibly relaxes and picks up his burger. "How you been man?" Ben asks. Daniel shrugs. "I've been fine. I guess." he mumbles biting into his burger. "We're all hanging out at my house tonight. Do you want to come?" Tori asks him. I have to say I'm a little surprised. Tori never really cared for Daniel. 

Daniels glances at her and shrugs. "Sure, why not." he sticks the rest of his burger in his mouth. Ben and I exchange looks and then grin. "What are you idiots grinning about?" Tori questions us. I grin wider. "Oh nothing." I smirk and pop a grape in my mouth. 

"Are you gonna eat that?" Daniel reaches for her cookie. Tori looks up from her book and pops his hand. "Yes I am. Don't touch my food." she says. Daniel frowns. "But I want it." he says. "Well you should've gotten your own." she smirks and looks back at her book. 

Daniel frowns and reaches for the cookie again. "Move you big oaf!" she snatches the cookie and licks all over it. "Now." she gives him a smug look. Daniel smirks and raises and eyebrow. He picks up the cookie and bites into it. Tori's eyes widen and Ben gags. "That's just nasty." he shudders. 

"My little brothers tried that with me. They learned that it doesn't work." he stuffs the rest of the cookie in his mouth. "You're disgusting." Tori laughs. I'm a little surprised. And jealous. I've been trying to make her laugh for weeks and never succeeded. Daniel grins. "Get over it." he says. He looks up and stiffens. 

"What's wrong?" Tori asks him. I look up and Gem approaching our table. I roll my eyes. "I thought I told you not to talk to us." I glare at her. "I just need to talk to Daniel." she says quietly. "No you don't. I have nothing to say to you." he says. "Daniel come on! You can't seriously be mad at me. You cheated too!" Gem says. 

"Actually I can, and no I didn't cheat. Did I get involved with other girls? Yes, but we weren't together when I did. You asked me to be in a committed relationship with you and I was ready to. Then you cheated. Don't try and put this on me." he shakes his head. 

"I think you should go Gem." Ben says. "Shut up. No one was talkin-" I cut her off. "You better watch yourself. Don't talk to him like that." I give her a warning look. "Daniel can we please just go somewhere private and talk? Please?" she begs. Tori glances in between them. 

Daniel shakes his head. "No. Whatever it is you need to say, you can say it here." he says. Gem turns red and looks down at her shoes. "I'm pregnant." she says. Tori's eyes widen and she glances at me. I shrug. Daniel stares at her. "Why are you telling me? It's probably Dylan's" he says. 

"I'm telling you because....because I don't know whose it is!" she whispers. I shake my head. This is just sad. "I also got tested. I have Chlamydia. You might want to get tested." she adds. Daniel snorts. "I already did. I don't have anything so you definitely didn't get it from me." he says.