1-Unintentional Honesty

"Ugh, come on! Move!" I groan as I lean on my horn. "Idiots..." I mutter under my breath. New York traffic tests my patience. I'm on my way to the hospital where they kept my medical records from when I was found unconcious. It was a sunny day, and I was thankful. I always wear big sunglasses when I drive so they can't see my eyes and it's harder to tell my age. Luckily, the windows of the Corvette are tinted anyway. People often mistake me for eighteen as well.
  Finally the traffic starts moving. I breathe a sigh of relief. I'm only a mile and a half from the hospital. The town I normally stick around is quite beautiful. It's quaint, with lots of little family owned stores with overhangs. I usually park my car in the grocery store parking lot overnight and sleep. The temperature around this part is normally pretty cold, so I don't have to worry about overheating in the car.
  I drive down the road, two miles under speed limit, and turn into the parking lot of the hospital once I arrive. I turn my face to the ground as I exit my car, just in case someone is watching. I rush to the door, careful not to let my glasses slip off. Once I'm safely inside, I remove them.
  "Hello, may I help you?" The nurse behind the desk asks. I have a lie prepared.
  "Oh my gosh, I saw a man in the back lot clutch his chest and fall to the ground! You need to go see him, I don't know what's happened!" I shout and pant, like I'd been running.
  "Oh goodness, I better page the doctor-"
  "No, he needs help right now! You have to go get him and bring him in! He won't last!" I interrupt urgently.
  "Okay, okay! I'm going!" She shouts as she gets herself up out of her chair. As soon as she's out of sight, I get to work.
  There's no one in the waiting room, so I don't have to worry about snitches. I quickly make my way behind the desk to the file cabinet. I shuffle through the folder marked A. Since my last name is unknown to me, they refused to tell me in the home, I go by location. My eye is finally caught by one marked Unknown. I pull it out. It reads:
Name- Mills, Audrey
Location- Unknown
Diagnoses- Concussion
Additional Notes- Found in the woods. Tested DNA matched-
  I stop reading and shove the folder under my shirt quickly and slam the file cabinet closed. The nurse comes back in, dragging a man inside by the arm, and I run out from behind her desk. I quickly conceal the confusion on my face. I didn't actually see anyone.
  "I need a doctor!" She yells. Three doctors quickly rush forward with a gurney and they lift him onto it and whisk him away.
  "You're a real hero," She says to me, tying up her hair and returning to her chair behind her desk.
  "I... uh... I just did what I knew was right," I stammer, still surprised.
  "Well, thanks kid." She thanks me.
  "Um, yeah. I better get going-"
  "Wait! The man told me he wanted to speak to you after he got treated," The nurse explains. I sigh.
  "Okay... Can I just grab something from my car then? If I'm going to be here a while," I lie.
  "Of course. Go ahead," She tells me. I quickly run out and unlock my car. I sit in the passenger side, slip the files out of my shirt and into the glove compartment. Forgetting to grab anything, I reenter the hospital.
  "The doctors tested him. He's okay. They told me I could send you back," The nurse says as soon as I walk through the door.
  "Oh. That fast?" I question.
  "Uh huh. Everything returned to normal once he got inside," She tells me. That's strange. This entire situation seems surreal, like fate is working in my favor for once.
  "What room?"
  "224," She points down the left hall. I walk down the corridor until I spot the door number. I knock before coming in. I just want to get this over with.
  "Hi, um, you asked to see me?" I awkwardly stutter.
  "You must be the young lady who saved me," The man smiles warmly. He must be be in his mid twenties, he was fairly attractive. Probably one of the guys I would've picked up to knock out in a bar.
   "Yeah, I uh, I saw you in the parking lot and I knew you needed help," I lie.
  "I just really wanted to thank you. You saved my life," He says graciously, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his wallet.
  "Oh, Sir... I couldn't..." I start but trail off as he pulls out a wad of cash.
  "Please. Take it," He reaches it out to me. I hesitate. I know it's not the right thing to do, but I desperately need it. "Miss, it's the least I can do.