19-On the Run

Walking in a corset is way more difficult than I'd expected. I have the vague suspicion I've worn one before, but I can't remember yet again.
  Felix walks in front of me, using his machete to cut down vines, leaves, and branches to clear a path for us to walk. I offered to help, but he told me to make sure the cloak stays around my shoulders. I didn't argue, the last thing I need is Peter discovering I didn't follow his instructions.
  We twist and turn around the forest. Felix cuts and hacks away a path for us for hours.
  "Are you sure you know where they are?" I ask four hours into our trek.
  "Yes, like Pan I have a sense of where he is on the island. We're very close," Felix tells. I huff. I'd grown extremely cold through our trek, which isn't unusual for me. I got cold very easily, probably from my malnourished body.
  Suddenly a twig snaps from behind a tree. Felix turns to me panicked, and I signal for him to stay quiet while I drag him behind a tree. I conjure up a bow and arrow and draw it from behind the tree to easily attack any enemies from afar.
  But a young boy peeks out from behind the tree. I narrow my eyes and lower my bow, shoving it into Felix hands. Before I have the chance to reveal myself, Felix pulls me back.
  "Hey, this could be a trap," He warns. I shake my head.
  "This isn't a trap. It's a lost little boy. Trust me, I know that look."
  I appear from behind the tree. The boy spots me.
  "Hi, I'm lost. Can you help me? Where are we?" He asks, frightened. I give him a warm smile.
  "It's alright, don't worry. We're in Neverland-"
  "You must be Wendy!" The boy concludes. I laugh.
  "No, not exactly. My name is Audrey-"
  "Audrey, we've gotta go. He's close by!" Felix says in a panic. I bite my lip and nod.
  "Here, come with me," I hold my hand out to the boy and he takes it. The three of us run deeper into the forest based on Felix judgement of Pan's location.
  We run for quite a while before the young boys hand is ripped from mine.
  "Hey! Are you okay? Where are you?" I shout, stopping in my tracks. Felix shakes his head and grabs my wrist.
  "We've gotta go. He's right on top of us. Go left, he's going right," Felix nods in the direction.
  "But that poor boy! We need to help him!" I argue.
  "I'm sorry, Audrey. We've gotta go," He warns. He pulls me around until we get to another tree to rest.
  "Phew, we've lost him!" Felix says, panting and leaning against the tree.
  "Where is he now?" I ask. Felix closes his eyes for a moment and opens them a second later.
  "He's at our camp. He must be working with the boys," Felix answers.
  "Well shouldn't we go there? To determine what's going on?" I ask him, irritably. I hate the unknown. Felix sighs.
  "He was right on top of us, but-"
  "Oh my God! Felix!" I shout, standing suddenly.
  "What? What's wrong?" Felix asks with a sense of urgency pulling at his speech.
  "What if Peter needed that boy? He was right on top of us, the boy disappeared, and then Peter started going in the opposite direction. It makes perfect sense! Well, except for the fact that why would Peter need a young boy?" I glance at Felix. He looks guilty. "What aren't you telling me?"
  "It's not my place to tell you. Only Peter can. So if you want to find him, we have to keep going-"
  "Why can't you just tell me? Don't I deserve to know why I'm supposed to be on lockdown?" I query.
  "Because he thinks they're looking for you."