15-You've Got Me

I pull back so quickly you would've thought he was on fire. Everything's a blur as I stumble back and run out of the treehouse. I vaguely hear Peter call for me, but I ignore it and keep darting through the trees. I'm so shaken up I completely forget about the bruises on my legs until I get whacked in the leg with a branch and topple over.
  "Ugh," I groan as I push myself up off my stomach and turn my back against a tree. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I mutter and tilt my head back to rest it against the tree trunk. I fuck up every relationship I've ever had...
  "Audrey!" Pan shouts across the forest. I feel an anger boil up inside me. I push myself up as he approaches me, running. My hands ball into fists.
  As he rushes into a hard stop right in front of me, I slap him across the face.
  "What-"
  "How dare you!" I shout at him.
  "Audrey, I know you felt it too-"
  "I don't know what the hell you're talking about! How could you do that?"
  "Drop the act, love. I know that's not how you actually feel. I can see it in your eyes. Why won't you give into the truth? Just let yourself go!"
  "You had no right to kiss me without my consent! You don't know how I feel!" I scream.
  "Audrey, please... I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to. I... don't like these walls. What happened to the Audrey that opened up to me at 4 in the morning? What happened to the Audrey that let herself give in?" The boy pleads in front of me.
  "You destroyed her!" I scream the lie with tears streaming down my red cheeks. He walks up to me and grabs my arms.
  "Audrey... please... don't be afraid. Give in. I wouldn't hurt you... please..." He begs with a certain sadness hidden behind his eyes. He releases my arms. I stare at him. "Give in to your mind's desires. I want to be your escape."
  I search his eyes for any hint of distrust. And when I don't find any, I let myself go.
  I grab his shirt and pull his lips to mine. He stumbles at first but grabs my waist and steadies himself. I turn my head to deepen the kiss and we get lost in each other.
  At some point during the kiss, Peter transports us into his treehouse. I wouldn't have noticed, but it still makes me lose my balance.
  "Oh my God..." I say as I stumble backwards and fall onto the bed.
  "Sorry! I keep forgetting you're still not used to it," He says sheepishly. I giggle.
  "It's okay," I tell him.
  "Are you sure you're okay with all this?" He asks me, changing the subject. He sits down on the bed next to me and takes my hands. I nod.
  "Yes, Peter. I can see it in your eyes; you don't want to hurt me. You want to help me." I kiss him again.
  "You shouldn't have to have your walls up all the time," He whispers, just pulling his lips away so he can talk. "I like you without them. I can tell you've always just cared too much. That's your weakness; your vulnerability. It's how much you care. You've had to conceal it all these years. I can tell you're weak because of the amount of love you hold in your heart that has nowhere to go. You care too much, when you've never had anything to care about."
  "But now I do... you," I whisper back and fit my lips on his again.
  "You've got me helpless."