21-Tell Me Everything

I swivel on my heel and continue pacing. Peter should be back soon. It's only an hour til midnight, and there's no sign of him. I rush back over to the window again, but nothing.
  I sigh in aggravation, about to give in and go to sleep. I sit down at the edge of the bed, untying my sneakers, when a shadow flies into the room.
  "Peter!" I shout. He walks over to me and kisses me before sitting down next to me. "Tell me everything. And start from the beginning."
  He sighs and takes my hands.
  "Alright. But you don't look comfortable," He says and snaps his fingers. I look down to see my pajamas from the previous night, freshly washed, on my body.
  "Get on with it!" I urge. He bites his lip.
  "Okay, okay. I've held the secret long enough. You deserve to know. But can you promise me you'll stay up here after I tell you?"
  "No," I answer honestly. He sighs.
  "I thought so. Anyways, Audrey. Neverland runs on a magic system. It's fueled by pixie dust, which is created by my belief in it. But lately it's been running out. I still believe as much as I did, but something's wrong. However, someone's come to the island. And I think his belief may be able to fuel the pixie dust," Peter explains. I stare up at him.
  "What... what happens if the pixie dust runs out? Like... completely?" I ask nervously. He shakes his head and looks down. A single tear escapes my eye and falls down my cheek. Peter notices and wipes it away, tilting my chin towards him.
  "Hey, don't worry. That's why I've got the boy-"
  "You're not going to harm him, right?" I accuse.
  "No, never!" He defends. I let my guard down. But I see something... unusual in his eyes. Something I've never seen before.
  "Wait, but none of this makes any sense. Why are you hiding me? And who from? If it's from the boy you didn't do a very good job..." I point out. He swallows dryly. I can tell he's been avoiding this.
  "Well, Audrey. Your... your mother has come to the island," He chokes out.
  My expression drops. I snap my head up to look at him.
  "Why is she here? What does she want? Why didn't you tell me?" I interrogate.
  "I don't know. I didn't tell you because... well... I just didn't..." He says unconvincingly. I scoot closer to him and lean in so my face is just inches away from him.
  "You can tell me anything..." I say, looking into his eyes with sincerity. He pulls me into a kiss before pulling back.
  "I didn't tell you because I was afraid she would try to take you away. I was afraid you'd go with her... instead of, well... instead of staying with me," He explains. I stare at him in disbelief. "What?"
  "You don't actually think I'd go with that horrible witch after everything she's put me through, do you? Why would I go with someone who's rejected me, insulted me, and abandoned me when I could stay here with someone who loves me, cares for me, and taught me how to let people in?" I ask. He looks away and I can tell he's hiding something. "Peter..."
  "The lost boys. There was a boy once and his father came to collect him from the island. I was hoping he'd choose to stay with me, but when given the chance... he left with his father. The lost boys are the only family I've ever had. Well, before you of course..." He admits. I stay silent for a beat before practically knocking him over onto the bed with a passionate kiss. I pull away after only a second.
  "I'm not going with her, if she even wants me to. You're the one I want to be with..."