24-I Don't Understand

I run through the neverland jungle, tears racing down my hot pink cheeks quickly. I dodge branches and leaves and plants. I keep running until I reach the camp. I spot Jack and run over to him.
  "I have to get out of here... I have to leave... I have to leave..."
  "Audrey?" A raspy voice says. I look up to see him sleepily sitting up. "Audrey! What's wrong?" He asks, suddenly very awake. He rushes over to me. I just shake my head.
  "I... he... I don't understand..." I try to quietly get my story straight and fail miserably. My legs give out from exhaustion and I collapse into Jack's arms. Eventually Jack calms me down enough to tell him the entire story.
  "Oh Audrey... I'm so sorry... but I know Pan. His feelings for you are beyond his feelings for anyone or anything else. He wouldn't have left you if it was dangerous-"
  "You know something," I accuse, sitting up abruptly. I know that look. Jack swallows quickly.
  "About what?" He asks.
  "Why did Peter leave? What was he doing?" I demand. Jack shaked his head.
  "I don't-"
  "Tell me! There are too many secrets on this damn island! Just tell me the truth for once!" I scream and erupt in tears again. But not from sadness- from anger. Jack pulls me into his grip to comfort me.
  "Sh, Audrey-"
  "Not until you tell me the truth!" I warn and push him off of me. He sighs.
  "Pan's going to kill me... but here goes," He sighs. "Pan's rival attempted to kidnap you last night. Pan put a sleeping spell on you while he called all of us to help fight him off. His rival vanished after a while, but it took a few hours. Pan didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to worry about it."
  I sit in dumbfounded silence with my knees drawn to my chest.
  "He... what?" I ask confused. "He should've just told me."
  "He didn't think it'd be a good idea. We all know you can take care of yourself, no doubt about that. But that doesn't mean he, and all of us, won't try to protect you. But you need to get out of here, it's dangerous for you here. Go back to the treehouse. It's the only safe house for you on the island. Please. If not for Pan then go for me. Stay safe, Audrey," Jack advises and gives me a tight hug. I nod and get up from my spot. Jack looks nervous. "Maybe I should walk you back."
  "It sounds like I've caused enough trouble tonight," I say, pulling the red and black flannel shirt I'm wearing tighter around my body. "I'll be fine-"
  "No, no. I should go with you. Come with me," Jack insists, picking up a machete. I open my mouth to protest, but I'm just too tired at this point. I obey.
  He leads me on the same path I followed before. We're halfway to the treehouse when I'm suddenly swept off my feet.
  "Audrey! Where the bloody hell did you go? I've been looking everywhere!" Peter rambles nervously yet relieved.
  "I went to the camp. That's why Jack's here," I explain. Peter's carrying me bridal style while flying two feet off the ground.
  "Thank you for keeping her safe, Jack. I'll handle it from here," Peter expresses his gratitude before dismissing the boy. "You had me worried sick."
  "You had me confused and scared," I retort. I look into his eyes only to be pelted with regret. "I'm sorry."
  "No, I'm sorry. You're right. I shouldn't have left you. I knew better-" A rustling in a nearby bush interrupts his apology. He flies higher to take us back to the treehouse. Once we arrive through the window, I speak up.
  "Why don't you just teleport?" I ask while he sets me down on the bed.
  "It gives off too much magic. Regina would be able to track me in a heartbeat," He explains. I cringe at the mention of her name. "Back to the apology," He sits down next to me on the bed. "I really shouldn't have left you like that. I know how horrible your nightmares can be, and I wasn't thinking-"
  "I know what happened. It's okay. You just tried to protect me. But you have to remember I'm not a fragile little girl. I can take care of myself. Next time you're fighting, I want to fight with you. We're in this together, aren't we?" I ask, placing a hand on his shoulder to bring us closer.
  "I didn't want you out in the open. He wanted to-"
  "I know. But you've seen me fight before. I should've been by your side. I would've rather been by your side than experience such a horrid nightmare. For future reference. I know you just want to protect me, but I can handle myself," I reassure and lean up to kiss his cheek. He looks dissatisfied, but pulls my waist close to kiss me.
  "Let's get some sleep," He whispers, only pulling his lips back so our foreheads are still touching. I place my hand on his chest only to feel his racing heartbeat.
  "But I'm not tired," I smirk.
  "I am. Did you forget I fought off a pirate for hours for you?" He laughs softly. I pout. He laughs more. "Tomorrow night, love. Tomorrow."
  And with that we both drift off to sleep.