10-Storytime

We end up talking for hours. I tell him everything I know since I was nine.
  "I guess I really am a lost girl. I have been all my life. I've built up all these walls and this tough girl exterior to avoid getting hurt but really, in my mind, I'm just... lost..." I admit once I finish my story. He bites his lip.
  "Well, then. I guess I have a new job," Peter tells me.
  "What is it?" I wonder.
  "To find you." He says seriously. I smile hopefully up at him.
  "You know, after hours of talking I've realized you bring out my weaknesses. You don't make me vulnerable, but you let me be dependant. You take away all those years of having to push down the desires and carry myself. You help me let go" I realize.
  "Then I've already begun succeeding, haven't I?"
  Peter goes on to tell me his own story.
  "You know, you kind of remind me of another girl that came here once," He tells me.
  "Let me guess: her name was Wendy?" I ask, giggling. Peter looks shocked.
  "How did you know that?" He asks, astonished.
  "Your adventures with her is one of the most popular fairy tales out there. Hang on, let me try this out..." I trail off and try to summon a copy of the storybook into my hands. It works.
  A copy of J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan shows up in my hands. The cover is beautifully illustrated with Peter playing his pipes and leading the Darling children through Neverland with Tinkerbell right above. I hold it out to Peter.
  "Woah, this is... all wrong..." He proclaims while flipping through the pages.
  "Well now it's your turn. I wanna know the real story." I take the book from his hands. I shut the book and place it on the floor next to me. I imitate him when he talks to me and lean my elbows on my knees. He laughs and tells me the whole story. How Tinkerbell is a fallen pixie, how he had kidnapped Wendy. He saw me tense up when I heard that one.
  "I've changed, trust me. Why do you think I make everyone let their past go to be happy here? Holding onto it will never make you happy," He explains. I nod slowly. He's about to add something else, but someone knocks on the door. Peter frowns.
  "Pan?" Gross. It's Felix. Peter groans.
  "What do you want, Felix?" He asks, agitated.
  "Uh, it's been a few hours since sunrise. You're usually up by now," Felix tries to tell Peter.
  "I am up," He replies arrogantly.
  "Well, you also asked me to teach Audrey defense skills, but I can't find her..." Felix trails off. I pantomime slitting my throat and Peter laughs out loud. "Everything okay, Pan?" Felix asks. Peter makes an oops expression.
  "Yes everything's fine. I'll find her and bring her to you," He quickly answers.
  "Alright..." Felix says. Pan snaps his fingers and Felix is no longer heard.
  "What did you do to him?" I can't help but laugh as I accuse Peter.
  "Just sent him away so he won't bother us anymore," Peter explains mischievously.
  "I really need to go meet him out there. Why'd you ask him to teach me defense skills? I'm pretty good with my knife," I inform.
  "Well, Audrey, honestly it's not really for that. Felix was one of the boys who was opposed to keeping you on the island. I figured maybe if he helped you out, maybe he could start liking you..." Peter explains and rubs his neck nervously. I stare at him for a minute.
  "And you're just going to leave me there with him alone?" I gawk.
  "No, of course not! I'll be right behind you the whole time. I promise," Peter smiles.
  "I'm just screwing with you. I could slit both your necks if I needed to," I say casually and pull a new shirt and shorts out of my backpack. I see the blood drain from Peter's face. "Where... uh... where can I change?" I ask awkwardly.
  "Oh, um, there," He points to a door behind me. I thank him and close the door. I've got a big day ahead of me.