45-Happy Endings

The forcefield drops immediately and Regina, Emma, and Baelfire all rush forward. Me, I do too. But not to Henry.
  I shoot out from behind the rock I was hiding out behind. Adrenaline runs through my veins as I tackle Pan from behind. I know his weak spots. I force him to the ground and shove my knife at his neck.
  "Audrey... what are you doing?" He pants. I knocked the breath out of him when I took him down.
  "You lied to me!" I say as almost a question. Tears stream down my cheeks.
  "I'm sorry, love. It had to be this way-"
  "YOU LIED TO ME!" I scream louder and dig the knife into his neck. He winces and squirms uncomfortably.
  I quickly tear Henry's heart out from his chest and rush away.
  "Audrey, we both know I'm too powerful for you to be able to-"
  "Actually, we both know you wouldn't hurt me and you've taught me too many things about Neverland's magic to be able to get away. Why did you do it?" I plead.
  "Audrey-" He takes a step closer.
  "Back the hell up!" I shout and cast an unintentional spell that send him flying backwards. My eyes widen as I gaze at my hands.
  Once he gets back on his feet he brushes himself off. I can see the anxiety in his eyes. He knows he can't hurt me. He can't get the heart back.
  "Listen to me, Audrey. This was the only way-"
  "The only way for what?" I interrupt, agitated.
  "The only way for us to be together. I lied about Neverland's magic running out. My magic is running out. That keeps me alive. And I lied about not hurting Henry, because I knew you'd never be okay with it but it's the only way for us to be together. That's all I wanted Audrey, to be with you-" He tries to take another step forward and I cast another spell.
  "I don't think it's wise for you to keep doing that. You're dealing with the daughter of the damn Evil Queen. Did you really think I'd never find out about this?" I interrogate.
  "I thought by the time you found out you wouldn't mind-"
  "Wouldn't mind? You think I wouldn't mind that you selfishly killed an innocent child? You're delusional, Pan!" I begin backing up to Henry.
  "Wait! What happened to the long nights? What happened to dancing on the beach? What happened to us?"
  "You manipulated me and you lied to me. That's what happened."
  "Audrey! Please don't do this. If you put that heart back in his chest, I'll die."
  "I will not let you kill an innocent child to fuel a magic system that tells me you shouldn't be alive anyway," I shout at him. I continue backing up.
  A rush of cold flies over my skin. I fall onto my stomach, Henry's heart rolling out of my grasp. I open my eyes, dizzy and disoriented, to find Pan taking the heart.
  I swing my legs around in attempt to knock him down, but it fails. When I look down, there's chains around my ankles.
  "I'm sorry it had to come to this, Audrey. I really do love you. That's why I'm doing this," He tries to justify his actions.
  "No. You're doing this for yourself. You wouldn't do it if you were doing it for me," I growl. I bite my lip and try a spell to break the chains.
  The click of metal satisfies me as the chains break apart. I cast a spell to freeze Pan in his tracks.
  "What- Audrey!" He yells. I shake my head. Walking up to him, I notice his eyes are filled with despair. But I have to do this.
  I take the heart from his hands and look him in the eyes.
  "I love you, Audrey. Please don't do this," He whispers desperately.
  "I don't want you to die, but I can't let Henry die like this. It's not right," I explain. "One day I'll see you again."
  With that, I walk over to Henry being aided by Regina and Emma.
  "Is he ready?" I ask. Emma nods vigorously.
  "Hurry, he's getting cold," Regina says, feeling his forehead. I take a deep breath and carefully force the heart into the little boys chest.
  He breathes a breath of life, and Peter takes one of his last.
  He collapses on the floor, and I rush over to him.
  "I'm sorry it had to be like this. I loved you so, so much," I cry, leaning over him.
  "You did the right thing. I just wanted you to be happy after all, but I was wrong. I thought I was your happiness, and I was wrong," He confesses quietly. A tear rolls off my cheek and hits his.
  "You are my happiness, but I couldn't have happiness that brought pain to others. It's not right. Some people just don't get happy endings," I give him a sad smile.
  "You were my happy ending," He tells me. I break down in sobs over his almost lifeless body. "Sh, it's okay. You'll find a new happiness. Don't dwell on me. Don't let me hold you back. I'll always love you, Audrey."
  "I'll always love you too, Peter." He takes my hand and puts a ring in it.
  "I was saving it for when we had the chance, but it looks like we never did. Keep it. As a memory," He whispers. His eyes are almost closed now. I choke back a sob and nod my head. "Sh, don't cry love. Maybe we'll meet again somehow. I love you," He says with his last breath before his body goes limp. I bite my lip and a final tear rolls off my cheek.
  "You left me helpless."